Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 04:50:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Father refuses to provide address

Started by pijay, Jun 06, 2012, 02:13:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pijay

Trying to file for joint custody, father refuses to provide address. Just found out that my son has not been attending his early intervention as recommended by Intermediate Unit. Children and Youth provide no assistance; there are no laws regarding early intervention or head start. Also, the people staying at the residence where my son is living are questionable, of course since they are relatives it does not seem to matter. CYS could care less that they are crack dealers and smokers. 

Spaceman1982

Sod he have his address on file with the court??

MixedBag

There are ways around that -- Here in Alabama, the procedure might be different but I wanted to share so that you can understand that there is a legal path.

I was told to have the person served at the last two known addresses.  And when that doesn't work, I would have to file a motion to the court and ASK permission basically to have a public notice published in the local paper here and where I think the person might be for three weeks in a row.

And then.....move forward.

But your state and procedure might be different.

The clerk at the court can't practice law for you, but sometimes they can answer procedural questions.....fine line, and that's who helped me.  (No not against EX#2....someone else.)

Spaceman1982

I thought they had to have a updated address with support and welfare....I do and I'm a custodial father??

MixedBag

Dad....just because there's a requirement, doesn't mean it happens......you're a good parent for doing it right.  Then there's other parents....

tigger

Quote from: Spaceman1982 on Jun 07, 2012, 09:48:22 AM
I thought they had to have a updated address with support and welfare....I do and I'm a custodial father??

People don't always follow the rules.
The wonderful thing about tiggers is I'm the only one!

Spaceman1982

Lol. Ya I should DEFINETLY know this.

Waylon

Quote from: tigger on Jun 07, 2012, 09:51:15 AMPeople don't always follow the rules.

WHAT?? I am shocked, SHOCKED I tell you!!  ;)
The trouble with reality is that there's no background music.