Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 23, 2024, 04:05:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Parenting plan in which children are split up

Started by footballdad, Jun 05, 2012, 07:22:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

footballdad

I know this is very unusual.  Attorney said that I am very likely to get custody of my two minor children, but there is a chance that one (16 year old) might be given the option to remain with my ex, while I get the other (10 year old).  I was asked to prepare examples of what I would like the parenting plans to look like for each possibility.

Wondering if there are any examples or scenarios where others here have made something like this work.

We live a full days' travel apart, so this cuts down on the number of feasible exchanges. 

Because of the age difference, they have vastly different activities, social circles etc.  They also don't get along very well.  However, I don't want to create a situation where they NEVER see each other because one is with me and one is with her 100% of the time.

MixedBag

I think that you should probably try a "long distance" parenting plan where you always end up meeting half way to take one child to the other parent OR you're picking up one child to bring back.   

OR flying one child out to the other parent or picking up one child at the airport.

Alternate all that stuff....so that the kids are together.

OR alternate even that where one time they are together and the other time they are exchanged to have private time with the other parent that they aren't primarily with.

I don't think there's a "pre" prepared parenting plan here that covers that.....but if you write it out it by listing out the holidays, 3-day weekends as the school calendar creates and stuff....and be advised that the two different school districts might not work exactly off the same calendar....you could give that a try.