Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 19, 2024, 03:09:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Now Illinois gets on the bandwagon!

Started by Kitty C., Jun 13, 2012, 12:15:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kitty C.

Fantastic article about new changes to visitation enforcement in Illinois.  What amazes me is that it passed both House and Senate unanimously!

http://www.fathersandfamilies.org/2012/06/13/illinois-leg-puts-teeth-into-visitation-law/ (http://www.fathersandfamilies.org/2012/06/13/illinois-leg-puts-teeth-into-visitation-law/)

Now, the trick is to see if it gets used.....but if more people know about it, they can push to have it enforced.  And it looks like the Illinois Bar Assoc. couldn't come up with a valid reason as to why they thought it was 'unconstitutional'...once the point was made that child support sanctions are even stronger and those aren't considered unconstitutional, I guess they didn't have a leg to stand on.

I have a problem with only one word:

'(c)  After hearing all of the evidence, the court may order one or more of the following:'

I think it should be shall........
Handle every stressful situation like a dog........if you can't play with it or eat it, pee on it and walk away.......

MixedBag

Sharing tomorrow when I get to my computer....

Spaceman1982

Phenomenal!! But if they enforce it in a manner like they enforce child support....it will all be for not.

Pretty sure the lobbyists who didn't want it to pass are backed by custodial parents bend on applying hell to the noncustodial.

MixedBag

Davy

Just FYI.  I have watched over the recent years from afar as corrupt forces in ILL-n-noise basically pulled out all the stops to maintain the status quo.  Toward the end, a video was produced where numerous Senators argued fererishly against children of divorce maintaining a relationship with their father.  I have no idea of the comprises that were made to get this far but many people from all walks of life had come forward to expose the raw injustices in the plight of a young father that ignited this cause of action :

"The Steve Watkins Bill" is named in honor of a loving father: "Steve Watkins" who was brutally murdered (by the maternal grandmother) while attempting to pick up his daughter to exercise his Court Ordered Parenting Time (visitation )with her. The Steve Watkins Bill creates mandated sanctions for parents who intentionally interfere or deny parenting time to the other parent! This bill has been passed by a resounding margin in both the Illinois State Senate and Illinois State House of Representatives, and has been submitted to Governor for his signature / approval.