Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 19, 2024, 06:22:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Haven't posted for a while. Upcoming custody hearing!!!

Started by bloom6372, Jul 04, 2012, 12:16:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bloom6372

Well, I've been posting on here off and on for about 3.5 years. My DH has built up a VERY strong case for custody. He FINALLY was able to pay for an attorney and to file for custody in April. We have our first 2 hearings in August. :) BM and her attorney have tried to pull a LOT of crap in the last few months. There have been 3 meetings with the judge (basically our attorney and her attorney went in to talk to the judge regarding topics DH and BM didn't agree on. Kind of like a hearing, but not formal and no orders, just the judge telling the attorneys what to tell BM and DH. This includes BM saying she wouldn't release SD for DH's parenting time and the judge telling her if she didn't, he'd extend DH's parenting time). There is a hearing scheduled on July 10 for something unrelated to the custody hearing (BM doesn't want DH to continue SD's counseling during his parenting time.. She said he told her he was taking SD and didn't ask, but we have 2 emails showing he DID ask, and then after almost a month he finally just said he'd be setting it up since she never replied), one on July 18 for child support, and then 2 back-to-back days for hearings on August 2 and 3 for custody. They are the only ones scheduled for those days, so hopefully things can get figured out quickly given the evidence we have. When DH filed, he filed a TON of exhibits (I believe it went from A to GG?) showing how BM has neglected SD's educational, medical, and emotional needs. The judge told DH to tell him when DH could be in court and he'd set up a date immediately. We are hoping that is a good sign!

ocean

Good sign so that whatever happens, child will start school either with you or mom too. Judges do not like to pull a child from their home school without a lot of proof so now that it is summer is a good time if it works out. Just very hard to change custody...