Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 01:22:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Lost it after divorce. attempted suicide. Ex has temp. custody. How long???

Started by notwhatiexpected, Jun 15, 2012, 08:31:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

notwhatiexpected

I just wrote all this out and it got erased. So the super short version.... I lost it after the divorce was finalized. NOT in my right mind, I attempted suicide and stayed in a hospital for a week. ex and I have 50/50 and he got temporary full custody. Do you know how long this can take? When will I get my two young girls back? When is long enough to prove I'm stable? I am. I am ready. It took me about two weeks out of the hospital, but I'm on medication, seeing a therapist and psychiatrist weekly, volunteering, looking like crazy for a job... is there anything else I can do? Do you know what I'm facing here? How serious is this? What am I up against? It's been 1 1/2 months since the incident and I need my girls. They need me. They are 2 1/2 and 4. Ex only allows 3 hours of visitation a week! So... another month? 6? a year? I'm going crazy and feel better than I have in a very long time. but how do I convince anyone that??? thanks for any help!

DadsCrushed

What state of the Union are you located. Also, your statements aren't clear. Does he have full or joint custody? If you share custody, what are the terms of the order on seeing your children? Upon your suicide did the other parent seek a modification for full custody based upon your mental state of mind? If so, file a motion for modification of changed circumstances due to a clean bill of health, if you are. Do note that your state of mind or actions are only relevant as long as it negatively affects the welfare of your children and harm is directly tied to you. Barring that the state cannot interfere. There is case precedent across the country with this.