Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 04:33:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Gaining custody/temp custody

Started by Concernedfather1, Jun 18, 2012, 11:29:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Concernedfather1

Hello to all!
I am a concerned father in mississippi. Long story short:
Got divorced 2 years ago.
We have a 7 yo
Ex has full physical, we share joint
Ex has been through another marriage and in the process of an adulterous divorce
Have lived 5 different spots in 2 years
Have been issues of sons hygiene
Ex isnt divorced yet and has basically a live in boyfriend
Son goes to school in MY district
Their have been more than one man stay overnight
Lack of dental care
She is technically still married!!!

All of this has been documented well over the last couple years as well as pi work along with pics/vids of overnight stays.

Any help would be appreciated. I have hired a lawyer but what do you think are my chances. Any advice?

tigger

You'll have to post specific questions to get a response but . . .

I am a concerned father in mississippi.  -- Important and relevant
Got divorced 2 years ago.  --   Important and relevant
We have a 7 yo -- relevant
Ex has full physical, we share joint  -- Relevant
Ex has been through another marriage and in the process of an adulterous divorce  -- irrelevant other than to show that there is a change is circumstances
Have lived 5 different spots in 2 years -- Relevant only to compare to you if you've been stable.
Have been issues of sons hygiene -- Could be relevant but details are needed.  "Gets dirty when playing outside" would be irrelevant, "no water in the house and son hasn't taken a bath in a week" would be relevant
Ex isnt divorced yet and has basically a live in boyfriend -- Important to you and your son but irrelevant to courts
Son goes to school in MY district  -- relevant in keeping the status quo
Their have been more than one man stay overnight  -- probably not relevant to courts
Lack of dental care  -- could be relevant - need details/examples
She is technically still married!!!  - irrelevant to court
The wonderful thing about tiggers is I'm the only one!

Simplydad

I concur with what Tigger said. 

The courts responsibility are to decide what is in the best interest of the child.  The other parent's  personal life does not matter unless it affects the child  We may not like the choices the other parent makes concerning their relationships but we are divorced/broken up and our opinions in that area do not matter.  The courts will not infringe on a person's civil rights because the other parent is upset by their choices.

While mom has moved often the question must be made as to how it is disruptive to the child.  As long as the child is still in the same school and his grades are not affected the courts are not going to involve themselves.

The key here is the best interest of the child.  It is the only thing that matters.  If your son is not being abused or neglected it may be an uphill battle.  The dental issues could be a start.  You will need to get a copy of the records to see if there has been some neglect there.