Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 29, 2024, 12:50:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length

School District Issues

Started by CuriousMom, Jul 05, 2012, 11:56:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CuriousMom

Looking for any insight / ideas when it comes to the custody schedule for parents in seperate districts.  We currently reside in different districts so we still have to make that decision.  Right now mine is the better of the 2 but that's always subject to change.  Our son currently attends daycare in my district which also provides before / after school care for school-age children - hoping to keep him in my district for this reason, too.

Current CO is 50/50 and includes issue of extra-curricular activities but nothing else.  I'd like to approach the subject later this year.  Assuming if dad can provide the transportation the schedule would remain (and vice versa if he ends up in Dad's district).  Or is this something that should change once school is relevant?  Or change as child gets older, if he has issues with grades, homework, etc.

Thanks.

ocean

How far away are you?
If you are close enough then you can continue the 50/50 split. Maybe sit down and talk about what school district offers what you need and then each parent will be responsible for before care/after care issues on their week or you can work it out he comes home on the bus and child will go from there. School districts make changes constantly so look at both schools the spring before he is supposed to start kindergarten. If you can not agree, then the courts will choose a parent to be custodial and that is the school the child will go to. (You can still keep the 50/50).

CuriousMom

Thanks, Ocean. 

We are about 15-20 minutes from each other and we use a parent coordinator for any issues, she has been fantastic.  We have a 2/2/3 split so using his same daycare provider would work the best for everyone.

He enjoys making everything incredibly difficult so I thought I would try to cover all bases and try to present ideas that would work for all of us.  And also try to think long-term if at all possible.