Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 06:10:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Tired of drama/bull in my life

Started by MyAngels4, Jul 19, 2012, 02:52:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MyAngels4

Its been a long time since I've been here and this is more of a rant than anything I guess. We've planned a vacation, I had to give my ex our kids (14,16 & i have a 19yr old. sd 15)schedule in May. Hubby knew we only had a couple of weeks all summer we had all 4 of our kids, he gets 1 week uninterupted with sd, as he has 50/50(half week here/half week there). His ex got her week in. By the time hubby got her his time, we were down to 1 week left where we had all the kids. It happens to be the week school starts, and Dh cant change it at work now. So now sd is coming and telling us her mom says if she misses the first 3 days of school, that she will file contempt on DH.... WTF??  Because she has equal educational rights?? just tired of all the drama after 13 yrs with DH's ex. So now it sounds like we wont have a family vacation at all, which my kids are upset about. My ex doesnt care if they miss school so we can have a vacation. Grrrrrrr.... its just sad  :(

MixedBag

Coordinating with two (or more) divorces is always difficult...

And then to do something with kids in that age group makes it even more of a challenge.

there is a light at the end of the tunnel.....k?

tigger

How is he in contempt if she misses the first three days of school?  I don't see how she'd have a case.  At 15, I'd tell the child that the adults will handle the situation and that she needs to pack for a family vacation.  In 10 years is she going to remember those first three days of school or the memory of a family vacation with the entire family?
The wonderful thing about tiggers is I'm the only one!

MyAngels4

Thanks for the replys... I just needed to vent, lol. According to her he would be in contempt because she has joint educational rights and she doesnt approve of her missing the first 3 days of school. Thats why I called it drama and bull, lol. It not like its an every year thing, just a one time deal. She just has to have control over every part of her daughters life, I guess.
Thanks again :)

Simplydad

Quote from: MyAngels4 on Jul 22, 2012, 12:24:36 PM
Thanks for the replys... I just needed to vent, lol. According to her he would be in contempt because she has joint educational rights and she doesnt approve of her missing the first 3 days of school. Thats why I called it drama and bull, lol. It not like its an every year thing, just a one time deal. She just has to have control over every part of her daughters life, I guess.
Thanks again :)

This is where confrontational parents think they have more power than they actually do.  They seem to think you can't make a single decision without their approval because they have joint custody.  The fact of the matter is that you do not need their permission for your sd to miss any school.

However you do need to be careful because some just look for any reason to make a complaint.  If missing the first 3 days of school impacts her grade (which I really doubt) it could be an issue.  The ex may want to claim educational neglect but that is a really far fetched claim because it would have to be proven that the three days missed was the cause of the issues.

Now this is just me....but I would tell my ex if they tried that crap that I would see them in court.  However do not take my legal advice....I am not a lawyer...LOL.....