Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 04:38:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Child Support Calculation

Started by staffsarge, Aug 03, 2012, 02:19:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

staffsarge

My ex-wife has requested a child support review. The child support agency sent financial disclosure forms to be filled out and returned. The forms ask for information regarding the income of my current spouse and this is added to the total income line in the form. Does the court use my current spouse's income as well as mine to determine child support?

Our case is in Wisconsin.

Thank you.

ocean

Many people here have whited out the total on tax returns and your spouses information, make a copy and hand that in. You can leave it blank and if questioned later, just say my current wife is not the bio parent and has no legal rights and responsibilities for paying for this child. Here is the Wisconsin state site that has a lot of info and the child support calculator so you can see what you should be paying.
http://dcf.wisconsin.gov/bcs/order/guidelines_tools.htm

staffsarge

Thank you for the information. I've been doing some research and even though my wife's income should not be considered, the form requests the information. I'll probably leave out her income as it should not pertain to the amount of support I pay.

MixedBag

I agree -- BUT NV was a community property state and my income as his spouse was considered.

So....I suggest NOTproviding that until pushed.