Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 20, 2024, 07:42:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length

New! two schools simultaneously?

Started by bestjobever, Aug 17, 2012, 10:54:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bestjobever

I've just moved for work and am 6.5 hours from my child's mother, we have shared custody but no parenting plan for the new circumstance.  My daughter has been in Montessori school for two years and I would like to know if we were to alternate custody every two weeks with her going to two different schools, both Montessori, if this is a viable option?  She's 5 and copes well with change (if she even notices!)

ocean

I do not think any school will allow that when they are school age. Daycare/Pre-school is different then when they get to Kindergarten. One parent will be named primary for school BUT you can still share custody. Look at the two schools and see what the vacation schedule is for both and what they have to offer. Here kids get a long weekend at least once or twice a month plus vacations (thanksgiving break, christmas break, winter break, spring break). One parent will have the school year and the other most of the vacations but alternate holidays.

tigger

I would think not. The child may be quite adaptable but it would be difficult for the two teachers to gauge her progress only seeing her every other week.  Logistically the administrative side of it would be a nightmare.  Attendance, homework, testing, social milestones, etc would very difficult to track and keep up with.

For the child, she would have to acclimate to the social aspect of the classroom every two weeks. She would tire of that quickly and may possibly develop social issues because of it.

I think your best bet is to move back or hope the mom moves too.
The wonderful thing about tiggers is I'm the only one!