Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 29, 2024, 01:47:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Is this a type of Parental Alienation?

Started by mommy nurse, Sep 04, 2012, 10:53:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mommy nurse

I discovered that the father of my child did not include my address and phone number in our daughter's school paper.  He wrote down, "don't know" on my address and "none"  on my phone  number.  We have joint legal custody.  My question is, is this some form of parental alienation?  And now that he has her most of the time during school days, I know I will have less chance of talking to her as well.  He already warned me about this how he will do the same thing.  He was building a case by which I NEVER denied him from speaking to our daughter, 4, with a mild autism.  He manifests sociopath syndrome and he will exploit, lie and will keep lying about things for his own benefits. 

ocean

Since you are in the middle of court, bring that with you to prove he is not including you with school. Ask the school for your own welcome packet, and fill out your own form for them. Have them put you on their mailing list and ask the teacher if they email to keep in touch and find out how she is doing in school. Many schools have parent portal so you can check daily attendance, grades, report cards.
This can also be court ordered, that both parents be included on all school forms and be invited to all school activities including school trips, plays, class parties and any event run by school or PTA (parent group).

mommy nurse

Thank u.  Yes, I had a meeting with her special ed teacher after the school orientation and I went also to the school district so update my info.  I questioned the teacher in the beginning and she looked at me like it was not a big deal.  And this is what he was doing since she started school in feb/March.  I trusted him so much when it comes to our daughter in this school but never expected my name would never be included.  I also suspect he badmouths me with her teacher and aides since I got a different treatment and approach during the parents orientation. 

But nevertheless, I donated the class stuffs listed on the 'wish list' and that was appreciated and the teacher gave me a separate whole packet for me to fill out.  And that time, she asked me questions on what I do.  I thought I gained the respect back...for whatever reason. 

Again, I will make sure this issue will also be included in the pending court hearing. 

Kitty C.

You've mentioned 'sociopath' a couple times....since you've been in court, have psych. evals. been done?  If not, it may be something you might want to consider....
Handle every stressful situation like a dog........if you can't play with it or eat it, pee on it and walk away.......

mommy nurse

Quote from: Kitty C. on Sep 05, 2012, 12:38:06 PM
You've mentioned 'sociopath' a couple times....since you've been in court, have psych. evals. been done?  If not, it may be something you might want to consider....

Yes!!! Actually this is what I have been wanting to do.  I thought I asked this issue in other topic, had to find it.  Will it cost me?  His lifestyle, manipulation, lies covered with lies all throughout his relationship with me and others describes a sociopath.  All the checklists matches him.  Any advice how to emphasize this matter to the court?

MomonamissionNY

Sgt. Exlax did the same thing to me.  In fact one year he replaced my information with his gf#1.  I brought it up in court and they could have cared less :(  Each new school year I have to go and fill out my own paperwork as well.  I also write a separate letter to the teachers giving them my information too.

This year Sgt. Exlax went as far as to throw my papers out.  My daughter told me and I had to email the teacher explain that the papers got thrown away and ask for new ones.  Never have I bashed Sgt. Exlax though.  It does eventually pay off.  And remember too that teachers talk to each other.  Let's just say that my D9's 3rd grade teacher found out first hand what a psycho Sgt. Exlax really was and forewarned D10's 4th grade teacher.

Waylon

Quote from: MomonamissionNY on Jun 19, 2014, 06:11:54 PMSgt. Exlax did the same thing to me. 

FYI- We generally refer to our exes here as "ex" or STBX" or maybe by a first name. The whole "Sgt. Exlax" thing comes across as kind of petty and doesn't reflect well on you, to be honest. But you're free to refer to him how you choose.
The trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

MomonamissionNY

Quote from: Waylon on Jun 20, 2014, 10:17:11 AM
Quote from: MomonamissionNY on Jun 19, 2014, 06:11:54 PMSgt. Exlax did the same thing to me. 

FYI- We generally refer to our exes here as "ex" or STBX" or maybe by a first name. The whole "Sgt. Exlax" thing comes across as kind of petty and doesn't reflect well on you, to be honest. But you're free to refer to him how you choose.

By all means if this name offends anyone or isn't "norm" on these boards I will refrain from using it.  I do not feel comfortable using first names.  Please accept my sincerest apologies.

MixedBag

Use EX or STBX.....not first names either.

OneMan

I find the name funny even though it's a little out there. I wish there was more humor in these forums.

For what it's worth, years ago as I grew accustomed to all kinds of offensive games from the ex, I learned to take nothing for granted and to expect nothing. Trust me when I say that some of the things where I was left out were pretty incredible. In fact, they were so incredible that even my lawyer was shocked--and these guys have seen everything. I make sure I contact everybody myself--teachers, doctors, candlestick makers. That way I don't get mad if I'm not on a list. And I don't even mention it to the ex.