Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 02:34:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length

work related travel make up time

Started by happyhome, Oct 10, 2012, 07:20:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

happyhome

Hey all,
I'm hoping that you can help :)  My husband and his ex have 50/50 custody of their children.  My husband unfortunately has to travel for his work about 3-4 times a year for about a week at a time, and sometimes it falls on his scheduled weeks with the kids.  He has been asking for only part of his missed week to be made up, but the mom won't allow it.  Has this happened to anyone before?  Is there anything we can do, or are we just wrong for wanting it.  Any input would be appreciated.
Thanks

ocean

Do you have anything written that kids do not come when dad is away at work? If not, you should be getting them to keep their normal schedule. If she will not allow you to pick them up, you will have to file in court for change of visitation due to dad's work schedule and either ask that the kids come anyway or that he gets to make up the week the following week. If he knows the week ahead of time, you can address it that way. Dad will give mom his work weeks xx weeks ahead of time and dad will have the make-up week the following week he gets back from work. You can also count up the weeks during the school year and request the weeks be made up in the summer.

happyhome

Thanks so much for your response. Its in their agreement that when he has to travel for work the kids go with their mom. I wish they could stay with me, but I completely can understand why they dont.  I do wish I could at least have them for dinner but she says absolutely not and does and says everything possible to keep the kids from us. I'm thinking that he will have to go to court but I wasn't so sure how the judge would handle it.

MixedBag

It can go either way in court....

Had an EX deny switching out a weekend too on me.  Learned my lesson....and went forward from there.