Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 08:58:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length

My ex boyfriend is running an unlicensed childcare

Started by mommy nurse, Sep 17, 2012, 11:22:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mommy nurse

My exboyfriend whom we have a 4 year old is running a child care business in his apartment and it is unlicensed.  The court ordered him to have it registered in April and the judge gave him six months, which will be October, or find a full time job.  Up to this time, he is still running it, taking care of 4-5 children without liability insurance or probably the apartment manager knows but is just allowing it until something happens. 

What is the liability of the apartment manager regarding this?  How can I make a report on this as well? 

ocean

Call the state and see if the license has been filed. It could take months for it to be approved but he could be in the system. Depends on your state laws...

mommy nurse

Then he should be able to bring the paperwork when we go back to court. If not, what can happen?

ocean

Family court will not be dealing with that part of the case. If there is permit issues, call the state and ask if he is a certified provider (or have a friend call asking to put their child there). Ask your state, what the exact requirements are and how do you file against a unlicensed place. If they say no, he has not filed, then call try to call social service in your area and report. They may be able to close him down until he gets the paperwork.

Even if he is certified, the people will probably still pay cash. It will be hard to get him to pay but they can threaten to take his driver's license and the daycare permit if he is not paying.

When you go to court, focus on non-payment. As long as there is no neglect with your child (or the other children there) it is not your concern if he has a business at the house. Your concern is receiving payments. Let the courts deal with it.

mommy nurse