Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 29, 2024, 03:49:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Management of Visitation Interference and Harassment

Started by dadio2012, Oct 02, 2012, 09:14:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dadio2012

Shew. This has been an awful, arduous road. Not fatherhood, management of his Mother. She has constantly, deliberately and maliciously interfered with visitation from Day 1. The court order means nothing to her and getting something done in the courtroom is akin to clapping with one hand.

I have documented many attempts to pick him up, the yelling and screaming, jerking him out of my hands due to refusal to give money (not child support, mind you, that has never been anything but current). False claims of abuse and a DCS case that was completely unwarranted and humiliating. Although nothing came of it, because they were false.

Latest action? A criminal warrant for ME - for custodial interference! It is like a Lifetime movie.

I want custody of my son. She is unfit, uses drugs, lies, manipulates and doesn't properly care for the child. He is dirty, puts diapers on him though I have potty trained him and drags him around. Awful. Please help, I have hired an attorney - but it just isn't sinking in to him. Just another $1,500 for him as he sails through filing meaningless forms.

DadsCrushed

Something does not make sense here. Civil contempt of "frustrating" a visit is not criminal. First, the Court should issue a Show Cause Order. Next you will argue that your actions were not contemptuous. She must prove that you acted with impunity in denying the visitation. Did you file against her; I hope so. The court must find that you willfully denied visitation.

An order for visitation still requires the parent to facilitate the visitation. Use your attorney for possible criminal matters and you can file the petitions for contempt. I know it's hard to believe but my crazy ex eventually ended up in jail for the same nonsense you are going through.

Document, document everything. The fact that you were there for visitation but she was not. Send her emails during and after the loss of visitation.

I know you're freaking out, I went through this nonsense and it does not discount the awful feelings you are going through but it will play itself out.

If the DCS report was ruled out. If she is found in contempt. If her allegations against you are denied . . . I would seek modificatio of the order.

sunlitbeauty

I can relate so much to what is happening here!
I am a father who lives in BC who has been falsely accused of sexual abuse of my now 9 year old daughter who lives with my mother.
I am a retired veteran of the Canadian Forces who lives on a limited pension.
I support my wife and three children (excluding my 9 year old daughter), aged 6yrs, 3yrs and 1 yrs old.
I do not have money due to my limited income for the services of an attorney, and my mother is denying access to my daughter at present.
Are there any advocates in Canada that could help me with this situation?
I do not believe that it is in the best interests of my daughter to not be able to see me.
This is not the first time that my mom has disobeyed a court order, and denied access.
It is my hope that there might be an advocate out there that could help me with this delicate situation.
The incident was submitted to protective services (Called The Ministry of Children and Families up here in Canada), and it was immediately dismissed by them. There was never an order, nor an investigation. This would probably be due to the fact that nothing has ever occurred of this nature between myself and my daughter. As I stated, I have three other children that I live with with my wife of 7 years. My other daughter would never say anything of this nature about me, as I am a very loving father and I have never abused my children. I have abused myself in doing back breaking work in order to support my family (12 hours shifts doing concrete hi-rise forming, ie. building towers) out of love for my kids to be able to have a good life, and to have the things that they need. I joined the military after the recession back in 2008 destroyed any chance I had of employment as a Journeyman Carpenter. I was injured while serving in the Canadian Forces, and I now live on a very limited income to support my wife and four children with. This issue came up around Christmas, and my oldest daughter has not received her presents to this date, and I am afraid to the amount of brainwashing that my mother (her grandmother) is subjecting her to.
I am afraid that if this is allowed to go too far, that my other three kids may lose access to me, their loving father. I have read about cases where the judge has decided to remove access in family court even when no clear evidence of a sexual offence is present. I served my country, had my livelihood taken away from me due to the severe nature of my injury(chronic pain in my lower back and left leg, which is partially paralyzed, plus three compressed discs from my military service), and now I am having the one thing threatened that I value more than anything else...access to my children, and their right to have their father, a true family man, taken away from them!