Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 29, 2024, 04:52:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length

visitation with kids

Started by lostnlonely, Sep 23, 2012, 05:34:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lostnlonely

Wife left with kids 2 months ago. I am still in home. She and kids are living out of suitcases in a 4 bedroom home with 4 other people. Wife's attorney is demanding I move out of home and let them come back with me having no access to home or kids. If I do not she says she will file for an emergency custody hearing. She is saying that only through counseling i might be reconciled to kids. She is demanding money for support and counseling. I have not seen kids in 2 months and I have a No contact order with wife from courts due to pending domestic violence case. These are all lies. What do I do. I want to move out and let my family come home but I want to see my kids. I am scared that courts will not let me see kids. Wife is trying to make me look like a drunk abusive husband and father which is not true. Do I need an attorney. How can I show courts I am not what I am being accused of.

tigger

Yes, you need a lawyer and quickly.  Not so quickly that you take the first one you talk to but you need interview several and select the best one. 
The wonderful thing about tiggers is I'm the only one!

DadsCrushed

I'm shaking that her attorney instructed you to do something; don't listen to him. Listen and obey a court order. She is playing with you if she wants you to move out and then consider counseling. Do not move out. Let her file an emergency hearing. She must show immediate harm to the children. Get an attorney and file. Don't worry about the ad hominem attacks . . . let her prove it. More than likely she will request a mental health evaluation on you and be prepared to counter.