Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 23, 2024, 07:13:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Input Needed

Started by Mom0f3, Oct 02, 2012, 05:24:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mom0f3

Just came by to look for some opinions on  our current situation.  BM and DH have joint custody with DH having primary and BM getting visitation every other weekend.  BM and her DH are going through splitsville and have their own complicated situation going on.  The concern is that BM has lived in 4 different homes over the past 5 months and none of them have had the proper living arrangements for everyone living in each home.  It states in the CO that there has to be a 60 day written notice, but DH has never gotten any notice from BM.  The child refuses to see or spend time with the BM, but we have to make him see her due to the court order.  He has lost all respect for BM over the past 5 months.  Her current living arrangement is her 5 kids in a two bedroom house with 2 other adults and 2 or 3 other children.  Plus she is having some kind of 3 way relationship with both of the other adults in the house.  Her son caught her making out and confronted her, but she said it was okay because the other adult knew about it. What would you do to get the child out of this situation?  DH is wanting to file contempt.

tigger

How old is the child? He or she may just be able to refuse to go BUT a lot depends on how the other parent would react.

The wonderful thing about tiggers is I'm the only one!

ocean

I am not sure you will get anywhere with a contempt order for not telling you. You can ask for a modification to visitation if child does not have their own bed at new place or ask for things to make it better (child will have own bed in both houses, father will have first right of refusal if mother needs to be away from the home more than 2 hours).

Say more after age of child, if I remember right still pretty young? If she will allow you to pick child up early or shorten the time, do that for a while until she is more stable. Call new ex husband and see what his visitation is or anything else you may not be aware of.

Mom0f3

The child is now 13 and as of right now she is keeping her other children from her ex and also assaulted her ex's Mother and Sister in a church parking lot trying to take the girls from him while they were in his care.  All the while she took her 13 year old with her while doing this.  She has hit the ex with a RO as she has done to my DH in the past.