Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 29, 2024, 02:07:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length

It's a good news so far.

Started by mommy nurse, Oct 22, 2012, 08:26:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mommy nurse

Today was my child support hearing that the BD filed.  Everything turned out so well.  My lawyer's request for continuance to the upcoming child support hearing in a month was granted. 

I think I have a good chance to get more time with my daughter.  i have all the declarations and proofs how he manifested uncooperativeness and manipulation of the school system and yet, never applied for a job when the CO in April told him to do so. 

One question that he did last week, he cancelled our daughter's Occupational therapy appointment and left me a message saying,"I cancelled the appointment bec. of the court hearings we have".  I have his voicemail recorded in my phone.  Again,  I could have taken our daughter instead.  His reason was shallow obviously and this is just one example of who am I dealing with, all the time.  I stopped arguing with him bec it'll only make it worse.  I will wait for our child custody hearing.  Is this a good proof of his uncooperativeness as a parent? 

MixedBag

It helps....but I also think minimally.

How important was the appointment?  Occupational Therapy....

Was it on "his" time? 

Careful....I hear ya, but careful...

brwneyedmom

Pick your battles carefully. Choose only essential things to dispute.

tigger

If I'm not mistaken, he's the custodial parent so he should have been responsible for taking the child to her OT.  I believe his reason wasn't that the hearings interfered with the appointment but that he was mad about the hearings and wasn't going to do it.  (What is he, a 3 year old?)
The wonderful thing about tiggers is I'm the only one!

ocean

Not sure why he canceled ?? Was it at the same time of the hearings and just too much that week to take child? Child support postponed and that is not unusual in family court especially when there is an open custody case. They can not rule on child support with an open case , needs to be settled on how much parenting time you both will have and then the child support can be figured out.

tigger

Quote from: ocean on Oct 23, 2012, 01:31:03 PM
Not sure why he canceled ?? Was it at the same time of the hearings and just too much that week to take child?

He's not working. 
The wonderful thing about tiggers is I'm the only one!

mommy nurse

The hearing was not on the same week as her OT appointment. From what he had done before, this is how he plays his game all the time. Yes, that was his time with her. But her insurance only takes appointments M-F. I have her every other weekend on school days. Somehow this isn't a very critical therapy but OT trains her on tasting different food and assess her on chewing. My daughter tends to swallow and not chew certain soft foods. There's no urgency tho but he will control this situation again in the future. Right now, I am just being patient until I will be granted with more days then I can make her appointments during my time with her. I will be glad to give u guys updates on our custody hearing soon.