Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 19, 2024, 05:43:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Judge Fails To Protect 6 Year Old Victim

Started by vetswife, Sep 06, 2006, 09:07:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vetswife

My six-year old daughter has been and is being abused by her mother, a diagnosed narcissist.  (Joan Crawford suffered from Narcissistic Personality Disorder as portrayed in the movie, Mommy Dearest.  It is the same Narcissistic Rages that cause my ex-wife to abuse our daughter. )  My ex-wife admitted to hitting my daughter, leaving her alone with a known child-molester, throwing objects and striking her in the head, digging her fingers into her flesh and drawing blood, locking her in the car, and many other acts.  Two forensic child abuse experts and an independent child psychologist with 33 years experience testified in court that she was abused by her mother.  This case was in Nebraska.

The judge heard testimony from the CPS worker who stamped every complaint unfounded.  However, she testified in court that she found violations and visited with the mother about them.  She also testified to have been a client of ex.  The judge also heard testimony from the school counselor, in whom my daughter confided the abuse.  However, the counselor, a mandated reporter, covered up the abuse and refused to report.  The counselor was present for at least one interview with CPS and my daughter.  This goes against child forensics interview protocol.  During investigation with Highway Patrol, my ex-wife called the counselor at home to find out when she last injured the child. The counselor later called my ex-wife at home to find out how she was holding up during the investigation.  

The judge admitted into evidence a taped interview by Nebraska State Patrol in which she admitted to, but downplayed the abuse, blaming the child for being "bad."  The judge refused to allow the tape to be played in court.  

Many people have been helpful in this case, however, the one person that can make the decision, Judge, has refused to do so.  Years ago, I had an affair and this same judge has been determined to punish me at my daughter's expense ever since.  Because of his own prejuduce, this judge refuses to do the right thing by a child.  The psychologist has even said that ex might "split her skull," as evidenced by her past actions.  The judge did not care!

This isn't about who wins or loses, the problem is that the child is left with no protection.  The psychologist wrote that "it appears that there was a blatant disregard of this child's welfare by an entire cadre of individuals who have interacted with this family during the past five-plus years."  Judge left no protection of my daughter in place.  He attempted to punish me for trying to protect my daughter.  He cut my visitation to 1/3, raised my child support another $300, ordered me to pay $18,000 to hinder my ability to continue my efforts to try to protect her, and ordered that I cannot seek any medical treatment for her (even if I suspect abuse).  Oh, he even ordered that I can't hug or kiss her goodbye after my visits.

The psychologist also said, "While there may be more than sufficient evidence that (ex) is unfit to parent her daughter because of a personality disorder as evidenced by psychological testing and affirmed by her own past actions, whether or not these actions have been substantiated by child protective services, or the child's school, the usual protective safeguards to protect this child are not currently in place as evidenced by this evaluation..."

I raised my daughter from birth because my ex didn't want her until she claimed "postpartum depression," and this same judge gave her custody 18 mo. later.  There was evidence of abuse by her mother even at the first trial and the judge didn't care.  Now my daughter is telling people what her mom is doing to her and she wants to live with me.  I have paid child support, medical bills, childcare, and health insurance every month.  I have kept and fought for every visitation I've ever been allowed by the court, even though I live out of state.  The judge gave no reason for leaving her with the person abusing her.

My attorney has advised appeal and going to the media.  I know this was very long, but any advice would be helpful.

notnew

Do as your lawyer advises. What could it hurt? While your case is more extreme than mine, my experience has been that the court totally ignores what is in the best interest of the child while saying out of the other side of their mouth that their main focus is the best interest of the child.

I am sorry your 6 yo is being victimized by this system. My 12 yo has been victimized by the system and the mother since the same age. Again, while the abuse is no where near what your child is experiencing and more emotional and alienating towards me, it is still abuse. Now, my child at 12 yo has said she is afraid of me, doesn't like coming see me and hates my wife. Let's ignore that all of this "evidence" came from an expert witness therapist testifying for the child. Let's also ignore the MOUNDS of verifiable evidence I provided in support of my custody which included school records, pediatrician records, the court's OWN records, and a custody evaluator appointed BY THE COURT who said the child should live with me. Nontheless, child is still living with her wonderful, drunk driving, drug abusing, unemployed mother. Let's also remember that we were not permitted to relay any information the child told us in conversations (like how she felt, etc) because that was heresay (except when it was the expert witness). I, the father could not talk about what my child had told me.

BTW - the mother lied repeatedly on the stand under oath and I had the evidence to show it and they did nothing. Mother has NEVER followed a court order in full and they did nothing.

If your lawyer has advised you to go public, then there must be good reason for it. I would say start rolling your story out to all and any who will listen.

I am praying for your child and all the others who are getting "left behind".

vetswife

I am so sorry for what you have been through.  Your poor daughter.  Mine is also starting to be manipulated.  My ex has been in contempt many times, but the judge does not care.  There was even a court order against her leaving my daughter with ex's father, whom she testified in court sexually molested my ex and her sister throughout their whole childhood.  But she still leaves my daughter with him.  

I have contacted about 25 media entities at this time, hopefully someone will get back.  The problem is, ex is the town sweetheart, literally saving people's pets and the only police dog...How could anyone think of her as a child abuser?  Not to mention, I had an affair 7 years ago, and the judge has never let me live it down.  I married the woman with whom I had the affair, but in his recent decision letter, he referred to her as "the girlfriend."

I'm not giving up.  I don't care if I have a pot to p*** in or a window to throw it out of.  So long as my daughter is protected.