Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 24, 2024, 03:16:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Sun setting on second marriage

Started by TheOriginalKingpin, Dec 21, 2012, 03:11:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheOriginalKingpin

Hey all,
  I had a pretty good run for a second marriage....but it looks like the sun might be setting on this one.  Married since 2001, three kids ages 10,9,6.  No real parenting issues on either side.  I assume she'll agree to some level of shared custoday.....but will probably fight hard to be the residential parent.  A couple of quick questions since I've been out of this world for a while.
Child support - In ohio, do they run this pretty much by the numbers?  Looking up a child support calculator online looks like I'd be paying roughly 1,500 per month (I make around 140K she makes around 62K).  Is that a ballpark figure?
Spousal support - Again in Ohio, looking for anyone experience in similar situations/cases.  My wife is a fulltimme teacher, and has a Master's degree (I only have a BA).  She didn't make any sacrifices during the marriage that negatively impacted her career.  Will the judge award some level of SS simply because of the disparity in our incomes?
Thanks for all responses

MixedBag

Hey there!

EX#3's experience in Greene County is way to old to say this is what happened to him, so that's a good predictor.

Let's cross our fingers you and the children are treated fairly.

MixedBag

The big thing I remember is that child support given directly to her was considered a gift.....

TheOriginalKingpin

Thanks for the advice.  No money is passing hands at this time.  We are still together and going to attempt counseling.....but don't see a whole lot coming out of it.  Does anyone have a recommendation for a good attorney in the West Chester, OH area?

MixedBag

EX#3's attorney was more a criminal attorney and personally, he stunk.

I believe her attorney was a "Brown" -- and not that he was good....in EX#3's case, she played by her own rules and everyone threw up their hands and the courts never seemed to punish her.  (I doubt she paid her attorney in the end, because EX#3 ended up owing that I think because that was the ONLY way he was gonna get paid.   She was the QUEEN of dragging her feet and not complying with orders and getting away with it.)