Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 24, 2024, 08:17:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Case went sideways.....

Started by daisygirl0825, Dec 05, 2012, 09:51:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

daisygirl0825

My attorney said mediation would be best, so a continuance was filed.  I agreed to all of the terms his lawyer sent over and thought we would be good.  I was really really wrong.

Ex is now claiming that my husband claimed to remove child from the country and never return her.  They are asking for her passport to be immediately turned over to them and for restricted visitation of one weekend a month and no more than one week at a time during the summer.  When she does visit, they need a written 14 day notice of where we will be during the time she is here for their approval.  I am super frustrated because my husband has never spoken to my ex.  My ex said to prove you did not and that is where I am stuck.  How do I prove that my husband is innocent? 

Daughter came down last weekend and was asking very odd questions about how I felt about the court case.  I asked her if Dad wanted her to take this information back to him and she said yes.  I told her I would not answer any questions because this should not include her.  She became very quiet and reserved after that.  Shortly after she started asking me the questions by text even though she was sitting right by me.  I did not respond and told her to stop.  I never thought it would go this way.

I just do not understand this.  She lived with me until August of this year.  We took a family vacation out of the country in July and came back without incident.  My attorney said we would be best to just go with giving over the passport and see if they will forego the limited visitation.  Is that a good plan or is the attorney just trying to prevent court?  In many ways I feel like going to court could not hurt me at this point because agreeing to the terms is not what I want.