Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 18, 2024, 07:10:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Another win for an NCP Father....

Started by MixedBag, Feb 13, 2013, 10:28:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MixedBag

Well....Not me, helping MD's new half... but he's an NCP and being treated just like I was.    Went with him/Dad this morning and took a certified copy of his divorce decree and his daughter's birth certificate to his daughter's doctor's office.  Spoke to the office manaer -- who was SUPER nice and really took Dad's side -- and she said "I can't add him without Mom's permission."  So I said "Will you respect a copy of daughter's birth certificate showing that he is father, and a certified copy of the divorce decree showing JOINT LEGAL custody?" and she said "I think so -- but I have to double check with our attorney."  Then she told us that Mom sent them a letter specifically prohibiting them from sharing any information on the daughter.  So I told Dad that his attorney needs to supbeoena a copy of that letter -- regardless of their answer -- because of court coming up.     Before we got back to town, the office manaer called and said YES, she can add DAD.  so YEAH!!!!! 

There's a line in his decree that says Mom has final decision making authority on all matters. 

But right before it also says they're supposed to talk about stuff.

Mom is taking this line to mean she has SOLE custody and can decide whatever she wants to do is right.   Since something similar was in my decree -- I told Dad....oh no, she has final say in medical TREATMENT, but she can't exclude you from seeing the medical files.    Someone else I know took that line to an extreme and got chastised by a jude.....in WV.

Anyways, Dad did file a motion for some stuff to include not being listed as DAD on any medical records (and dental etc), and not being told etc....  He's having to go through back doors to put information together.