Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 19, 2024, 05:36:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length

AZ DCSE COURT DATE

Started by gooddadof2, Mar 03, 2013, 05:21:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gooddadof2

It has been a long process. Despite a custodial evals recommendations (she hired), the judge adopted her parenting plan, and ordered Yavapai County Acess Guidelines. I DONT SEE MY CHILDREN OFTEN ENOUGH! However, I have to accept that it "is what it is", for now. My issue is regarding CS.
     When I received the Decree of Dissolution it was almost the end of May. The dissolution stated that I am $8,000 in arrears and three months behind on payments (commencing March 1st). I was not given any credit for the support I paid, as it was not done through Clearinghouse. I have been doing all I can, but still was unable to pay Nov. and Dec. Otherwise, I am current. CS has sent this to the atty general, and I have a court date in 4 weeks. I work 2 jobs now, and don't know where I'll find the time to prepare for this. DCSE is requesting that my drivers license and business license be suspended and that I be incarcerated. I don't know what else I can do. I feel such despair, and worry that I will soon be unable to see my Children- AT ALL! Mom constantly bad mouths me to the Children, although they say they "Don't like it", it still hurts to be called a "deadbeat Dad" when I am putting so much effort into this. Mom has hired a PI to file complaints with the county regarding my residence, causing even greater financial hardship. My credit is shot, and I get calls daily from collection agencies. I have contacted Fathers Rights Groups, and was told they can't help me, before even hearing my story. I......I don't know what else I can do :-[ . I can physically and mentally do no more. I need help! Is there anyone reading this that knows what I should do, or where I can go for help?

ocean

Those child support letters always threaten those things so that is normal for everyone to receive. Bring your paystubs and proof you have been paying the last few months. Offer an extra $25 a month for the arrears to be paid off. Also if you can prove the other payments, bring them, you can offer that you did give money to her (slight chance you may get credit but at least the judge will see you did give some money to her even if they counted it as a gift).

When you see the kids again, sit them down for a few minute meeting and tell them you are paying mom and that you are a little behind but will catch up. Show them your paystubs showing it is being taken out. Then tell them that from now on, you want this to be between adults but will answer their questions. Then go have fun with them and have your time with them.

Also, if use school and their activities to see them more. Call their schools and see when they have special things going on that you can go to. Talk/email their teachers to know what is going on in the classroom and school trips. Go to their practices and games. Any public place, you are allowed to be there. Just show up, stand on other side, smile and wave goodbye to the kids. They will know you were there.

As for other money issues, maybe go bankrupt? Get rid of the bills (child support, you can not do that) but start fresh. Change your telephone number to stop the phone calls, or when you file bankrupt they are not allowed to call you any longer.

CPS cares about bed (not own room) and food for the kids. If you rent, maybe find someplace else. If you own, find out what needs to be done and start the process.

Good luck.

gooddadof2

I freaked out when I shouldn't have. The people before me in court were years behind in CS. When my turn came up, the prosecuting side said "Well your honor, he was ordered to pay 545 per month and......(looking at calc sheet)...........from what I see........that's pretty much what he has been doing. No further questions." A review was ordered, and I will be completely current when that day comes. I am not sure why, but they never even took any of the documents I filled out for them. I am wondering if Mom and her Dads influence had something to do with this. I felt things were over, and ended up getting a week longer than I asked for. Strange.......