Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 19, 2024, 06:55:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Studies that favor no overnights for infants and toddlers

Started by freeport, Apr 15, 2013, 10:40:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

freeport

anyone know of any good studies in favor of no overnights for infants and toddlers that judges are taking seriously?

ocean

Not sure why. Both parents have the right to parent their child. Babies and toddlers do well with people they see most often. The trend/push for most courts is to give joint custody whenever possible with the visitation set up between parents and their work/school schedules. Both parents should be able to see their child and parent them, the only time parental rights will be taken away is if one of the parents are neglectful to child.

MixedBag

I believe you won't find a single person who will point you in such a direction here.

What Ocean said....

Waylon

Quote from: freeport on Apr 15, 2013, 10:40:51 PM
anyone know of any good studies in favor of no overnights for infants and toddlers that judges are taking seriously?

No, because none of those studies show that overnights are detrimental or should be prohibited. On the contrary, virtually all the studies done show that overnights for infants and toddlers are beneficial for the child.
The trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

freeport

what ocean said that was most relevant to me was this:  the only time parental rights will be taken away is if one of the parents are neglectful to child.

i already read the guidelines that say be careful how much you say about your own personal situation and i know if i shared the details, i'd be sharing enough info to identify myself but there actually are some reasons why some parents should not have overnights with infants and toddlers and in todays court system where anything can happen its not always enough to present evidence of said neglect, you have to try and reinforce everything you say with "expert" opinions.  anyway, i didn't say anything about taking anyone's parental rights away.  i asked about studies that might demonstrate that its not always beneficial for a child to have overnights.  i'm not interested in taking away a parents right to have a relationship with their child but i am interesting in protecting a child from a parent who refuses to learn some basic parenting skills.

good fathers can usually recognize and accept that not every father is a good father so try not to paint me with a broad brush without knowing the specific details of my situation.  thank you.

ocean

Most fathers and some mothers have challenges  with the first child. Fighting it now will only give your 18 more years of fighting in court. Each time you go to family court, it takes roughly a few months to a year just for a little change. It becomes your life. So, if the child is fed and has a bed that is all CPS will care about. Maybe offer for BOTH parents to take a communication class / parenting class together, or go to therapy together to work on parenting together. Let him have a chance of raising his child too. He may not do the same things as you and the way you want, but you have to pick your battles. You are now connected with him for 18 plus years.

This is a father friendly/parents site for equal access to our children. You are asking the courts to take away some some of his parental rights by saying you do not want overnights. Unless there is an open CPS case or criminal charges it will be a hard fight. Many of us have been on this site for over 10 years fighting for access to our children as the other parent just wants us to be the every other weekend babysitter and the one that pays half the bills.

freeport

ocean, i sent you a private message.  i'm just here looking for information like everyone else and i don't dare share details in public.  i'm trying to be fair here and look out for an infant's best interests.  i would hope that anyone whose been on the crappy side of a deal can understand that.  thanks.