Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 29, 2024, 07:14:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length

What to do when State support enforcement steps out of thier bounds??

Started by menace7189, Apr 20, 2013, 10:04:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

menace7189

My daughter is 16, and lives in Mississippi. I live in Alaska.  recently MS DHS filed for support modification, so I hired an attorney in MS to represent me.  A hearing was held, and an agreement was drawn up that I did not agree to.  I informed my attorney, he informed the DHS attorney, and I was told the case would be continued until May.
As it turns out, MS DHS filed the "agreement" with the court, and proceeded to garnish my wages, as well they added $3000.00 for back support that was in the agreement, then also backdated the order to Oct. adding an additional $5000.  I also received a letter from DHS telling me that I had 15 days to pay $3500 or they would report me as delinquent to credit reporting agencies.....it is stated in the "agreement" that the back support would not be reported to credit as long as I paid on time. 
So, does anyone have any idea how to get DHS to follow the court order they filed, and what to do about them filing the order when it was not agreed to??? 
My attorney is supposed to be trying to get another court date, but as yet I do not have one.