Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 29, 2024, 08:10:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Drum roll, please!!!!!!!!!!!!

Started by Kitty C., Jun 07, 2013, 07:04:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kitty C.

DH and I will be gaining a daughter-in-law!!!!  SS came by just as I was leaving for a meeting last night and told me he HAD to show me something, then opened up a box to show me a beautiful engagement ring!  He looked at me and said 'L, I love her!'  I told him 'I know you do and you know we love her, too!'  SS and her have been together since SS was a sophomore and he turned 19 in Feb.  They broke up for a while last year but DH talked SS into getting back together with her and they are SO much happier!

My future DIL is a wonderful girl, I've known her parents for a long time and they are wonderful, too.  :)  I told SS that they shouldn't be in any hurry to get married, to just take their time.  It's just wonderful to see him so happy!

When I got home last night, I mentioned to DH about wondering what BM's reaction would be and he said that SS was going to see her after he told us.  That made me feel good, too!  I just pray that she doesn't try to stick her nose into their plans....I have a feeling that after all that has happened, both SS and FDIL will be telling her to butt out!   ;D
Handle every stressful situation like a dog........if you can't play with it or eat it, pee on it and walk away.......

MixedBag