Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 08:28:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length

canceling visitation and make up

Started by pinklove0015, Aug 20, 2013, 11:17:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pinklove0015

My oldest son's dad canceled visitation during the weekend so he could attend a BBQ. He is now giving me a hard time asking for make up time. I told him if it were due to work schedule, if he was sick, or if our son was sick I would offer make up time. (That is what our CO says pertaining to makeup time) Also it is the last weekend before our son goes back to school so I have something planned with the kids this weekend so I am not willing to give up my time. I told him he can either pick him up one day after school for a bit or he will have to wait until his next scheduled visit. Did I handle this the correct way?

tigger

I believe so but it really depends on the precise wording of your order.
The wonderful thing about tiggers is I'm the only one!

Davy

Attending a BBQ is somewhat trite in consideration of a child-parent relationship.  I am remembering a time when a terrific 9 yo boy was on the front porch with his mother and a sherriff deputy.  As I departed from another room inside the house I heard my son frankly speaking say "he didn't care what the court order says ... you can take it and put it where the sun don't shine."