Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 19, 2024, 01:44:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Child support raised without a court order

Started by gcthief1, Aug 21, 2013, 02:33:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gcthief1

Just found out today that my child support order went from 700 a month to 880 a month for 1 child. This is the second time Child and Family Services of IL has raised it without a court order. Every time I call them to complain they say they will send out a income withholding order change paper and I never get one. I have also told them that they are charging daycare expenses as child support. I was under the impression that daycare expenses were separate from child support. That's what both of our lawyer told us in the divorce. I don't think I should have to pay daycare for a child that only spent 6 months in it in the first place and hasn't been in it since. Also Child Support services are making me pay for medical expenses when my child is on Illinois Kid Care which is free to his mother. They told me that she has medical bills for the child. I haven't seen any bills and I wonder how there are bills for FREE medical insurance. I guess I might as well pay the 880 a month so she can continue to sit at home and not do anything. How do I put a stop to this non-sense?

ocean

If child is under state health plan it is "free" BUT they will try to go after either parent to repay the state.
Child support can go up for COLA without going back to court.

In order to take off the daycare, you will have to file with the family court near mother for a court date. You would file modification of child support and the reason "child no longer goes to daycare".

gcthief1

Illinois was sued over raising a support order without  going to court about 4 or 5 months ago. They were told that is was illegal since the Support services were not the ones who did the original order. They court made them pay back the money and was told to NEVER do this again. It was a huge deal in Champaign county IL where it happened. It even made the news.

I have asked for a modification several times and have been told the same thing "its in the mail." My ex thinks that she is the one that can make the modification so she can get more. I have told her time and time again unless I am there to agree they wont give it to her. Even a lawyer has told me and her that and yet she still insists on doing it.

i just went throuvh my divorce records and it states that I'm not liable for medical expenses since she only pays $7 a month for it. I asked about my part and i was told there was no need as long as the child is on it. Both lawyers agreed to it and the judge signed off on it. I guess since she has no job (and isnt even looking for one) and is getting state aid they are going to make me pay it. Ya me.

Looks like its time to get a lawyer and see what i can do to get all this settled
. I've fought the system so much I feel beat down and abused. Noncustodial parents seem to never get a break.

ocean

Look and see if the modification papers are online. Fill them out, send it in for court date. Or hire a lawyer in that area to file the papers for you, then you can see if you want to hire them to go to the hearing with you.

MixedBag

and do it fast.

and send it all via a traceable method to the courts.

MixedBag

seems like you never got in front of a judge huh?

And the child is OVER 18?

work on getting in front of a judge...

And I read your response in the other thread....about terminating and stuff.  You might can do this on your own, but then again, maybe when you're looking at a piece of paper, you're not understanding it right either.  FL does have to terminate their jurisdiction to collect -- and since I don't know the age and really the math behind what was owed each month, what you paid monthly, and what the taxes were.....     

I think you need to gather all that up -- proof that they took the taxes both times, that FL did not apply it to CS like you think they were supposed to --

and get in front of a judge.

And I am worried about one thing -- just a heads up -- actually, let me ask this....did the IRS take your taxes, or the state of Florida or state of Illinois?  And when they did -- were you behind in CS?

See -- to me, it's not a good thing when you're behind in CS and then going in front of a judge -- BUT your situation leaves me a bit confused -- sometimes I think two states were trying to collect for the same reason and "that's" why it seems like you're behind????