Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 25, 2024, 11:48:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Found out son doesn't live with CP - cs hearing in 2 weeks!

Started by madcrazyodd, Sep 12, 2013, 09:23:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

madcrazyodd

Hi All - posting this under a new name, I'm paranoid  ;)

I have a 16 year old son who lives with his mother in WA state. We have never had a parenting plan. Due to the fact that his mother has badmouthed me for the last 14 years, and the fact that I live in a different part of the state, I have very little contact with my son. I am current in my support and always have been.

Mother has been unemployed 14 out of the last 16 years and has not worked at all for the last 4. She literally lives off of SNAP, handouts from family/friends and mainly, child support checks from myself and from the father of her younger child. About 6 months ago she requested that cs be reviewed, and due to the fact that my son was 12 the last time support was modified, according to the child support schedule, the support amount should go up about $120 per month (there's another caveat to that that I won't get into here as it's not relevant to my question.)

Due to the slowness of the court system and a continuance, the hearing has not happened yet - it's scheduled in 2 weeks. However, about a week ago I was informed by a family member that my son is not living with his mother anymore as she has moved across the state, my son is now living with his aunt. I have checked into this and discovered it is true (ex did not tell me she moved, but that is typical, I only hear from her when she wants something.) Pretty sure ex did not inform the court or the family law office, either.

My question is: I have already filed my response to the petition, which states that my son lives with his mother in the county where the case was filed. That is no longer the case. Do I file another petition stating ex is no longer living with my son? I am aware that I still have to pay support for my son, but I want the money to go to the care of my son, not for my ex to use as her spending cash and to support her other younger child who moved with her. If I state my son doesn't live with his mother, but I don't know the address where he lives now (still trying to get that info) will the courts just blow me off?

Basically, I want the court to acknowledge that my ex is a scammer and for my support payments to support my child. How should I proceed?

ocean

Send son's school the letter from here requesting school records including registration form and emergency contact form. That will prove his new address.
Will this aunt talk to you?

When you get to hearing, you show your proof that child is no longer living with mom and you would like money to now go to aunt (that would probably make custody go to aunt if both bio parents agree). This may be a bigger case depending on how the judge reacts as on paper mom has custody.

You could file a modification of the child support to ask for the change and they will join the cases together.

MixedBag

16 years old, huh?

So in two years (or 3) you're done.

I'm thinking to ask for a continuance and delay this even further down the road....due to Mom not living there anymore and abandoning the child.