Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 17, 2024, 11:22:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Need advice with relocation case

Started by flgs228, Sep 12, 2013, 05:03:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

flgs228

Hi,

I submitted a 60 day notice of relocation to a different state with the court on my state (OR) a few weeks back. Now I am at the point where I need to set up the trial date for the judge to decide my case. I am hoping to represent myself on this case to avoid the expenses that it will represent but there are things that I am not sure about how to handle. I have done extensive research online that have answered most of my questions but I haven't find information on the next regard.

I had a one hour consultation with an attorney when I started this process and she suggested that I request a psychological evaluation for my case but I never though of asking how to make such request. I when to the family services at the court house to ask this question but they told me they can not provide legal advice and also that there is not an specific form I can submit for doing this request.

I would appreciate if anybody can inform me how to request a psychological evaluation for my relocation case. Does it need to happen before scheduling the trial date? I am also wondering if the evaluation will happen before trial or not.

Thanks for your help in advanced!

MixedBag

I'm not so sure I'd agree with the attorne that you consulted with just yet.

I'm also no attorney.

So...I would believe the next step is to file a motion with the courts requesting you be allowed to move and follow your local court's procedures. IF the judge wants an evaluation done, then during that process it will be ordered.  If there is no opposition -- then maybe it won't happen.

ocean

Agree, usually one side asks for it at a hearing but if the judge looks at evidence and says he agrees to the move or the other parent agrees with new parenting plan it may not be needed.

Look at the school calendar in new town and offer most of the school breaks. Since you are moving, either you pay for transportation or other parent can get a break in child support to pay for travel. If child is in school, may be hard for judge to allow the move now since school started (if other parent is near by and sees child).

flgs228

Quote from: MixedBag on Sep 13, 2013, 03:52:01 AM
I'm not so sure I'd agree with the attorne that you consulted with just yet.

I'm also no attorney.

So...I would believe the next step is to file a motion with the courts requesting you be allowed to move and follow your local court's procedures. IF the judge wants an evaluation done, then during that process it will be ordered.  If there is no opposition -- then maybe it won't happen.

I already file a motion with the courts requesting my relocation. But you answered my question it seems that is is the judge who orders the evaluation during hearing.

Thanks,