Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 24, 2024, 01:16:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Sad Day for Fathers (Supreme Court Ruling)

Started by Travis, Dec 01, 2003, 01:03:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Travis

Please read the following link to the Supreme Court case just handed down in the West Virginia Supreme Court:

http://www.state.wv.us/wvsca/docs/fall03/31325d.htm

After raising my daughter for several years, it seems the supreme court of WV has decided to rip her out of her school just before Christmas and send her off to another state to live with her mother.  If anyone has any thoughts or opinions, feel free to share, after having read the above case ruling.  As always, my daughter and I stand in need of your prayers.

Travis Hager
[email protected]

hisliltulip

Travis, I am so sorry for you and your little girl.  Don't give up, and know that we are praying for you!

Beth

VeronicaGia

Is there any way for you to appeal this ruling?  Do you have to appeal to a higher court?

Only one judge with common sense.....I'm so sorry for you and your child.

Travis

No way I can appeal this decision since it is the Supreme Court of West Virginia.  When I got custody of my daughter 7 years ago, my X-wife has sued me 30 some odd times (no exaggeration) and I've successfully defended myself and my daughter on each and every occasion.  This is after my X has been held in contempt of court 22 times, been arrested for Felony Child Concealment, as well as assault on my mother outside the courtroom.

I'm in a situation where my daughter is being placed with a woman who doesn't want her; she just doesn't want me to have her, and with a man who has had numerous instances of domestic violence.  In the ruling of the Justices in this case, they list an entire paragraph of all the things this man owns and that the child would benefit materially from the change.  Apparently this means that a man, with no blood relation, is entitled to my child more than me, because he has more money than me.  Essentially it is against the law to be poor.

Indigo Mom

Contact Dateline, 20/20, every news channel in your state, (and hers) all newspapers, heck, even call all the local radio stations.

Cripes, contact the Today show!  Contact every Senator, every Governor, contact every "official" in both states.  

I know it seems crazy, but look at what happened with Elian Gonzales.  I highly doubt he'd be with his father right now if this case wasn't done in the media.

Get crackin, this is a SICKENING injustice. Get this shit out into the public asap.

I'm also wondering what would happen if a bunch of us also contacted these places on behalf of your daughter?

Nowastepmom

I am so sorry for you and your daughter.  I am not all that good at reading that legal mumbo jumbo, so I am taking away from it that the judge ruled that the lower court's rulings were bad.  Why did the supreme court rule this way?  So there was a protective order for this girl against bm's boyfriend, and the judge still thought that this was in the child's best interst?  That just doesnt make any sense to me.  And all the contempt charges.  And the fact that you have had to been sued by this lady so many times.  That is just ridiculous!!!  So do you have joint custody now, or what??

Keep us posted!!!

Travis

After years and years of this War I'll have to admit to some degree of Battle Fatigue.  I've got about 20 days with my daughter before they take her out of her school and 1,500 miles away from me.  This is on top of having to redo my house after the floods swept through it (drywall, carpet, furniture, etc all need replaced).  Throw on top of this the fact that I've had to sell off the 200 acres of land that's been in my family for generations in order to pay lawyer and travel fees, and its just an encredible amount of pressure.  This is after my X has called CPS (Child Protection Services) on every friend I've ever had in a quite successful attempt at isolating me.  I'm not looking for pity, and would respond harshly to anyone who offered it, but perhaps I am looking for just a little understanding, and perhaps even a bit of approval from others who have suffered for the sake of the little ones.

I've armed my 9 year old daughter with as much knowledge as I can.  After her mother left her unattended at hotel pools several times and strangers had to save her from drowning, I paid for and attended her swimming lessons until she can swim better than I can.  The folks at CPS visit so often that my daughter and I know them all by first names since they're required to investigate each call.  Each call has been found to be completely unsubstatiated.

My current goal is to spend the next few days with her and try very, very hard not to be angry or bitter and just enjoy my time with her.  After she's gone I'll take a few more days and uncork all these emotions and deal with them.  After that, I'll begin the fight again.  Somehow.

Travis

Thank you for your concern and taking the time to read this.  It's so very easy to become convinced that we live in a world full of apathy, and its people like you who remind even cynics like myself, that there are good people left.

Trav

sweetnsad

My sincerest condolences to you and your precious daughter...How awful for both of you...I do feel that this is the most HORRIBLE injustice, especially to a little girl who loves her dad and wants to be with him....
I will pray for you and keep you in my thoughts..

hisliltulip

Travis, hang in there, keep praying, and find someone to literally pray with you.  Trust me, this works!  God works in many ways, sometimes we do not understand, but eventually all is answered.

Check Indigo's post below, I whole-heartedly agree with her.  Contact the media, they may be your only weapon right now.

Also, go to Soc's board.  He may have an avenue to go down that we haven't thought of yet.

Hang in there, and keep us posted PLEASE!

BETH