Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 03:16:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pending Child support proceeding

Started by flgs228, Oct 03, 2013, 04:04:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

flgs228

Hi,

My ex-husband's attorney sent me a Certificate RE: Pending child support proceeding for our son. I don't know what to do about it. I do not have an attorney and I am trying not to have to pay one. Recently, I submitted a 60 day notice of relocation to a different state and my ex file for change of custody and modification of child support to keep our son when I move, I am handling that but I just don't know what to do with the certificate.

Does anyone know what I need to do with the Certification that the attorney sent to me.

Thanks,
F.

ocean

flgs228

Quote from: ocean on Oct 03, 2013, 04:27:50 PM
What does it say on it?

It just says that there is a pending child support proceeding in my state. I will quote:

"I hereby certify that:

1. There is a pending child support proceeding int his or any other state involving the parties' child.

2. There are no other child support orders/judgments in any other state involving the parties' child."

ocean

We are not lawyers but it sounds like just something that needed to be filed to you/courts. Add it to your pile/files. I have seen that wording in petitions so maybe they did not use that wording and lawyer is covering themselves. Both parties are agreeing that this is the only open case so the courts can move on with the case.

flgs228

Quote from: ocean on Oct 04, 2013, 03:51:00 AM
We are not lawyers but it sounds like just something that needed to be filed to you/courts. Add it to your pile/files. I have seen that wording in petitions so maybe they did not use that wording and lawyer is covering themselves. Both parties are agreeing that this is the only open case so the courts can move on with the case.

Ok, that makes sense. Thanks for your help. F