Separated Parenting Access & Resource Center
crazy gamesriddles and jokesfunny picturesdeath psychic!mad triviafunny & odd!pregnancy testshape testwin custodyrecipes

Author Topic: Relief after false Protection From Abuse  (Read 2288 times)


  • New Arrival
  • *
  • Posts: 1
  • Karma: 0
    • View Profile
Relief after false Protection From Abuse
« on: Oct 14, 2013, 09:38:58 AM »
Hi All,

This takes place in PA, USA.

A while back, my ex petitioned for a Protection from Abuse (PFA) order protecting her and our daughter. She was granted several temporary's as psycho evals and custody evals took place.   The custody evaluator determined I should have Primary Physical Custody.  While the temp PFA was active I subsequently filed a Petition to Modify Custody. 

After a consolidated hearing (PFA & Custody) in front of a Judge, the Judge denied and dismissed with prejudice my ex's petition and subsequently awarded primary physical custody to me.

I understand that PA Chapter 53 (Child Custody ) Section 39 allows for the awarding of fees.  With that said I have heard that fees are not allowed to be awarded due my ex filing the Protection Order.

I am looking for legal methods of obtaining financial relief from a Protection Petition that was filed in bad faith and from the Custody Actions.

Thank you


  • Global Moderator
  • SuperHero
  • *****
  • Posts: 3048
  • Karma: 155
  • That's Me...MixedBag
    • View Profile
    • http://www.doilyboutique.com
Re: Relief after false Protection From Abuse
« Reply #1 on: Oct 15, 2013, 06:07:34 AM »
We are not attorney's here -- just parents like you who have been through the wringer.
Not sure what avenue to suggest...


Copyright © SPARC - A Parenting Advocacy Group
Use of this website does not constitute a client/attorney relationship and this site does not provide legal advice.
If you need legal assistance for divorce, child custody, or child support issues, seek advice from a divorce lawyer.