Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 07:18:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Child Custody/Parental odd behavior

Started by Alton, Jan 16, 2014, 11:01:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alton

Please thoughts on possible reasons for when Ex husband turns off every light in his house when I come to pick up children for my parenting time?
Also, why do you think my Ex insists our children take showers before he picks them up for his parenting time?

Also, why would he have our daughter's hair cut 3 times during his parenting time when she doesn't really want it cut (she's 12 years old)?

Also, do you think it's right that I still haven't been introduced to his wife who is caring for our children half of their lives?

Also, what do you think of not being told that he got married until a day after the fact, and involved our children, and his family,  in keeping it a secret along?

Waylon

Quote from: Alton on Jan 16, 2014, 11:01:15 PMPlease thoughts on possible reasons for when Ex husband turns off every light in his house when I come to pick up children for my parenting time?

Maybe he doesn't want you peering in his windows and spying on him? Maybe the kids are taught to turn out the lights when they leave a room? And honestly, why does this matter to you?

Quote from: Alton on Jan 16, 2014, 11:01:15 PMAlso, why do you think my Ex insists our children take showers before he picks them up for his parenting time?

Maybe he's not satisfied with the level of hygiene that you're providing and he wants the children to be clean and presentable.

Quote from: Alton on Jan 16, 2014, 11:01:15 PMAlso, why would he have our daughter's hair cut 3 times during his parenting time when she doesn't really want it cut (she's 12 years old)?

There could be a million reasons for this. Maybe he knows it bugs you.

Quote from: Alton on Jan 16, 2014, 11:01:15 PMAlso, do you think it's right that I still haven't been introduced to his wife who is caring for our children half of their lives?

Yes, I think it's right, and I'll tell you why. You have no "right" to be introduced to his new wife. Period. You just don't. You have no say in his marriage, so mind your own business, okay?

In other words, it's possible that the reason he doesn't want to introduce you may have something to do with your behavior.

If the situation was reversed you'd be complaining that your ex husband has no business wanting to be introduced to your new husband, he's meddling, controlling, interfering, etc etc etc.

In a perfect world, yes, he'd introduce you. But in a perfect world you two would still be married.

Quote from: Alton on Jan 16, 2014, 11:01:15 PMAlso, what do you think of not being told that he got married until a day after the fact, and involved our children, and his family,  in keeping it a secret along?

I kept my remarriage secret from my ex for 6 months after the fact. :)   And yes, my son who was 14 at the time totally understood and agreed to not mention it.  That's because it was none of her business.
My ex was super insecure and was just itching to try to find a way to cause trouble. In fact, to be perfectly honest, you sound a lot like her. Technically speaking, you have no right whatsoever to meet her or even know her name if they don't want you to.

I'll be blunt: You sound like a very, very controlling person who is upset because you aren't getting what you want. And none of what you've mentioned has any bearing on anything. No judge would have the slightest in your concerns about this stuff.
The trouble with reality is that there's no background music.