Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 20, 2024, 07:10:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Help, a newbie with questions over DHHS........

Started by noone, Apr 13, 2014, 01:37:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

noone

Ok, me and my ex-wife are divorced in Nebraska.  CS was set in divorce and agreed upon.  Infact I'm 3 months ahead in support so you know I'm no deadbeat.  However DHHS has their nose in my business every month.  Garnished my paychecks cause I didn't deposit money into their account but directly paid her through check or money order until I showed proof with her statement also stating same.  The latest is now health coverage.  In divorce papers it states, "If defendant is unable to obtain health insurance through his employer, then Plaintiff agrees to maintain health insurance on the minor child, as long as it is available to her through her employer."  Neither one of us have health insurance through our employers however she has a disability and she has medicaid or medicare or whatever it is called.  Our child has insurance under that, but I recently changed jobs and they are sending paperwork up the yingyang and to my new employer over same crap.  Me and the ex are getting along, neither of us have problems with how things are.  Shit we are getting along better now then when we were married!  How the heck can I get DHHS out of my life?  I understand them being there if she or I asks them to be but we BOTH would like them out of our lives!  Help?  All they do is make me look like a deadbeat and waste tax payer money!

ocean

1. All child support must be paid to the state account, not to her or it won't count. So even if you pay ahead in their account, they will only give her what is due to her each week/month. If you BOTH agree, you can go back to family court and have child support given directly to mother, HOWEVER, it is in YOUR benefit to have it go to state so there is no issue of what you gave her. You can always give her extra on the side or pay for extra things without going through the state.

2. Medical insurance- Your child is on the state medical so the people of your state are paying for your child's medical. The state will go after BOTH parents to get this satisfied. If either of you are ever offered medical then as the bio parents, you should be paying the medical. Once that happens, the state leaves you alone as they have no interest in the medical case if child is covered. If you/ex ever apply for other state benefits they will also go after the other parent to repay the state. If mom is getting social security disability than your child should also be getting a payment each month plus the medical.