Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 29, 2024, 12:07:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length

I don't understand the Attorney General…Please help

Started by shuckybucky, May 05, 2014, 10:21:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shuckybucky

Attorney General has messed child support up and I'm confused (http://deltabravo.net/forum/index.php?topic=41413.msg323798#msg323798)
« on: Today at 01:58:15 PM »

In 2006 I went to mediation and came out with an order to receive
child support (http://deltabravo.net/cms/search.php?q=support&s=Search&r=0) and medical support. The Texas attorney general (AG) has not taken the correct amount since then. They have shorted me ( $105.00/mo X 8 years). I remember calling about this in 2009 but the person I got was hateful and of course I didn't know what I was talking about. I recently filed for a review (around September 2013) and a formal complaint about the CS never getting fixed. The AG set a hearing on April 4,2014 and notified the ex of the over $10,000.00 arrears at the hearing. She was given a continuance and we have a new hearing June 4,2014. As of April 10 the AG quit dispersing my child support. Now they claim until the hearing they can't release the payments and they have to have a hearing to fix the wage withholding to the correct amount. I used the AG because I don't have money for a lawyer and really don't feel I should have to pay for one. I paid one the first time around and they haven't followed the judges orders.
I'm so confused! The AG must garnish wages and disburse all CS in Texas so when they entered my orders for wage withholding the wrong amount (probably from an old order was entered).My son has never got welfare or Medicaid benefits and he doesn't receive SSI because its based on our income and we make to much.
Is this normal behavior for them? What are the chances they are playing games and my child is going to lose all that support (since it's their error)? I spoke with my attorney who knows my son is special needs and he said representing me in the hearing is best but I can go to the hearing and see what they do. If it's not what I think is fair come to him immediately and we can file an appeal. I feel like the AG is retaliating because I pointed out their mistake. My son is the one suffering.[/size]

passem

You've received a lot of responses to precisely this issue in two other forums here already.  I tend to doubt you get much more or different here.
Care not for show.  Life is too short and too sacred for make believe.

shuckybucky

I posted in a forum that's no longer open and another one. I wasn't sure where to post it. All of the original posts were made at the same time but I didn't see a rule about not posting in different forums. Thank you for your response though.