S.P.A.R.C.

Separated Parenting Access & Resource Center
crazy gamesriddles and jokesfunny picturesdeath psychic!mad triviafunny & odd!pregnancy testshape testwin custodyrecipes

Author Topic: Child Support when living in the same household?  (Read 2331 times)

CD1222

• New Arrival
    • View Profile
Child Support when living in the same household?
« on: May 22, 2014, 07:47:40 PM »
I live in the state of NY and my son's dad and I live together in the same household but we are not/were never married. Can I file a petition and collect child support from my son's dad if we are living in the same house? Thanks.

Waylon

• Just Some Guy
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.deltabravo.net
Re: Child Support when living in the same household?
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2014, 09:34:17 AM »
I live in the state of NY and my son's dad and I live together in the same household but we are not/were never married. Can I file a petition and collect child support from my son's dad if we are living in the same house? Thanks.

Unless you have some particularly unusual situation, then "no".

The trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

CD1222

• New Arrival
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Jul 29, 2014, 04:42:14 PM »
You can in fact receive child support in the state of NY while living in the same household. Court today and it was confirmed.

tigger

• Private Reserve
  • SuperHero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Jul 30, 2014, 09:06:59 AM »
My coworker did this.  Her husband had a one night stand that resulted in a child.  She divorced him and got CS.  They reconciled and he moved in with her.  She then filed for an increase of CS each time his one night stand mother did because in NC previous CS orders get priority so hers would decrease his available income for his ONS child.
The wonderful thing about tiggers is I'm the only one!

Copyright © SPARC - A Parenting Advocacy Group
Use of this website does not constitute a client/attorney relationship and this site does not provide legal advice.
If you need legal assistance for divorce, child custody, or child support issues, seek advice from a divorce lawyer.