Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 29, 2024, 12:06:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length

moved to 600 miles away before divorce with baby 5 months ago.

Started by jcolt, Jun 05, 2014, 10:10:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jcolt

My husband called the police on me after an argument in January. The next day I filed for an op against him. I did not return to the hearing and it was dropped. I just want to live in florida. My husband served me with divorce papers here in florida. He was arrested for dv and a condition of bond was a no contact order. He violated that order 3 times and went to jail after I told my states attorney advocate. Those 3 times he kept trying to get me to come back home because he misses me and the baby. I just want him to leave us alone. He has a good lawyer and now I do also. Tuesday me and the baby have to be back in illinois because my soon to be ex husband and his lawyer have a temporary relief hearing. He is fighting to have the baby living back in illinois. I have job down here in florida and my mom watches my daughter while I work. At the hearing Tuesday will the judge make us stay in illinois?

jcolt

Edit. I moved to florida the day I filed the op. Before he could file for divorce. I had hoped to live in florida for 6 months and be a resident so I could file here in florida but he had me served 1 month after I left so all the court precedings are in illinois.

ocean

Move-aways are harder and harder to win. Some judges say the parent can move but child stays. All court will be in IL now. Since you moved, (and if judge says you can stay in FLA with baby) you will be responsible for most of the travel costs for the next 18 years. The baby has a father and unless he has DV case involving the child, family court will not take away his rights to be a father.

jackson

Quote from: jcolt on Jun 05, 2014, 10:27:46 PM
Edit. I moved to florida the day I filed the op. Before he could file for divorce. I had hoped to live in florida for 6 months and be a resident so I could file here in florida but he had me served 1 month after I left so all the court precedings are in illinois.

You told your husband has a good lawyer and he is consulting the lawyer for further process of this case so I think it is better to consult a family lawyer and do according to his suggestion for this I can introduce well known law firm katytxattorneys.com

Davy

The best you can do for yourself and child is to return to your child's home state and make life work.  Children deserve a relationship with both parents.  Your situation is now operating under national standard acts and Federal statues (Parental Kidnapping Prevention Act) due to your abscounding with child to another state.  Your mother's interference may also come into play. 

sesmama

OP, you have to make up your mind if you are mom or dad. Quit plaYing both sides.