Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 18, 2024, 08:43:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length

QUESTIONS THAT NO ONE CAN SEEM TO ANSWER

Started by gdad4, Jun 10, 2014, 06:44:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gdad4

I have retained 2 different lawyers in my family court case at different times and asked multiple people and had mixed reviews and answers but never got a straight answer.
Nevada
1. Im in a family custody case and the opposing party is also in a criminal case, they stated they hired 3 attorneys. One to handle the family case and two on the criminal case.  Since elections are going on right now in Nevada would it be a conflict of interest if either or any of other party's lawyers donated to one of the judges campaign in the family case with out disclosing it to me in court would that be a conflict of interest?

2. Is it true that the supreme court requires a substantive written order that substantiates the judges decision?

3. What happens if a decision is made based on verbal testimony ?

4. What happens if no facts in evidence or documents were submitted in my case, and the judges notes leave no indication as to why he made that decision ?

5. If the opposing partys attorney signs a court order document with family court with my attorney stating it is not to be shared with anyone else but the parties who signed it. If that attorney shared the opposing partys client information and cc'd the info to another attorney on the opposing sides criminal matter who has nothing to do with the family case. Would that fall under attorney misconduct or possibly be grounds for a retrial?

6. IF the opposing partys attorney in family court contacts me to try and negotiate a settlement in the family court case by bringing up the opposing parties criminal case that I was subpoenaed to go too. Is that attorney misconduct and how could you prove it unless you had the phone conversation and if you did have the phone conversations would you be able to use it ?

7.What if you find out the opposing partys lawyer had worked as an employee for your attorney and are supporters of each other and good friends on facebook is that a conflict of interest?

8. IF I am behind in another state with child support but filed a motion to modify it and your other kids are grown, would that effect your present custody case with a new child?

If anyone may know or have any advice or opinions Id appreciate it.

Davy

Soc is no longer active.  We are not attys just lay people and besides much of what you are asking would require someone with knowledge of Nev codes and practices.  I can only suggest you learn to interview attys ( archived on this site/common sense) then seek out "rule of law" type attys (not dirt bags) that are not part of the good ole boy network in the judical circuit of your case.

MixedBag

EX #3's case was in NV (1996-2006 when I split from EX#3).

His situation also went to the supreme court.
He got his answer from the appeal that the supreme court decided just as we were splitting up so I didn't get to read and see it except what I can remember from EX#3 reading it to me on the phone.

What I will say is that we filed a complaint with some part of the judicial system about breaking the code of conduct or something something...  And the investigator was really close to completing his investigation (took over a year), they kept saying that this would NOT remove the judge from the bench.
EX#3's case was in Winnemucca, NV -- and no one lives there anymore and the judge lost re-election and he's not there either. 
There is no attorney here anymore as Davy already shared.
I'm thinking that regardless of whether or not elections are going on, you're not gonna find out if an attorney donated to a certain judge's campaign. 
2.  Don't understand what you're really asking.
3.  Verbal testimony at the Supreme Court level?  again, don't understand....(sorry!)
4.  Judges don't explain their decisions in many cases -- what do you mean no facts in evidence or documents.....at the local level or Supreme Court level?  When we did his appeal, we were not supposed to add evidence to the file, now SHE did -- and our attorney was livid that she was allowed to, BUT she added evidence that actually helped us, so....well, you get the idea.
5.  too confusing.
6.  too confusing....use her and mine...
7.  NO...IMHO, attorneys are allowed to be facebook friends and to socialize with each other outside the courtroom.
8.  maybe....depends on the why you were behind     Information is information and if the shoe was on the other foot, you'd try to use anything that would shed the other parent in a negative light if you could.

IMHO....k? 

You come here to get real feedback and answers....but I'm no expert, or attorney, or or or....

MixedBag

sometimes I find information in the strangest places.....  I just found the investigator's name (from years ago) and two phone numbers that investigated EX#3's situation.

Sending you a private message....maybe the phone number still works which will might get you to the right office to see if your concerns warrant an official complaint.