Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 25, 2024, 04:32:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Custody and allergies possible pets

Started by gdad4, Jun 14, 2014, 04:02:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gdad4

My ex has primary physical of our child and they give me 2 days a week. I have noticed since having her only 2 days a week that when I pick her up shes been very miserable with watery eyes, very congested to where it has created troubled breathing at night.  I picked her up last time and she had a rash around her eye on her face. I never thought but have researched online and my ex said it could be allergies. I agreed and I do not have any pets but my ex has 2 or 3 dogs and a cat. By the second day my child feels better looks better and then I take her back. Is there anything I can do to possible get my child more often out of that house so shes not always sick? I have stated to my ex it could be the animals but she just ignores it.

ocean

No, that is not enough but you could ask mom to make appt with dr and you meet her at appt. You could also take child on your time and see what dr states. It could be seasonal allergies right now but there is preventive meds child can take to make her feel better. You would have to make a big case with dr backup that child is allergic to the pets in the house.
See what a doctor says and see if she follows through at her house.

Waylon

It's unlikely a judge would consider this serious enough to warrant a change in custody.

Ocean gave you good advice: have the child see a doctor and get a professional opinion and/or possibly some medication to help control the allergies.

The trouble with reality is that there's no background music.