Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 19, 2024, 01:24:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Drop off refusal

Started by Thestepfather, Jun 20, 2014, 04:44:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

What can i do if the Biological father refuses to drop the off with me the stepfather??

?
0 (0%)
?
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Thestepfather

Hi I'm new here and need help! Im having problems with my girlfriends ex-boyfriend who is the father of her first child. They have a mediation agreement here in Nevada state and both have joint custody. He's always complaining that he wants here to change her work schedule or make time for her to physically be there at the drop offs but he always changes weather he's gonna drop her or pick her up cause his girlfriend has random schedule.

So my question is can he refuse to drop off the child to me just cause my girlfriend "who is the mother" isn't there?

And if he does refuse what action can i take for him to drop off the child to me?

And is his refusal a to drop off the child a violation of the agreement he and my girlfriend agreed on?

And also we have text messages showing him bullying and even verbally abusing my girlfriend she is tough and takes it like nothing but i dont know what to do about the situation?

There is no danger to the child when she is with me i am more than happy to be there for I tried looking threw the internet for answer but i could not find any situation the same or almost the same. Any help to other websites or answer or anything can really help I'm not trying to take the position of being her father but i dont want him to abuse the agreement he and my girlfriend have agreed on. Thank you for your help and understanding.

tigger

It depends on what the court order says.  First of all if you are not married, you are not the stepfather.  You are the mother's boyfriend.  While in your mind it may not make a difference, we are talking legalities, not emotions here. 

If the court order doesn't specify that the child can be dropped off with a designee of the mother's choosing, the mom may have to go back to court to clarify the order.
The wonderful thing about tiggers is I'm the only one!

ocean

Where is mom? Can you change the time of drop off to when mom comes home?

Once mom has custody of her, then she can leave her with you.

If he refused to change times or allow you to be the one for exchanges, they mom is forced to go back to family court and file for modification of visitation papers to change the way of drop -offs.

Davy

The simple and practical solution is for the parents of the child to conduct themselves where the mother arranges her life to retrieve the child from the father when she can avail herself.  Of course this means the child recieves a greater benefit along with both parents.  Moreover the outside interference and conflict is eliminated.   

MixedBag

And to give you -- boyfriend -- hope, this attitude of Dad's may improve over time, then again it may not.

Check too to see if the divorce has a "Right of First Refusal" clause and see if it's defined.

OneMan

May I offer a suggestion that you can take or leave? Do not get involved on any level with father of the child. Don't even get involved in your head. Let everything happen between the two parents only. You will be much happier. I also suggest that you never allow the mother to play you and the father against each other.

If the child happens to be with the mother and you and she asks you to drop him at school, that seems problem free enough. If she asks you to drop child with father, I personally wouldn't.