Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 19, 2024, 05:49:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Grandchild 1 Year Old - Haven't Seen Him Yet

Started by Sadgram, Jul 08, 2014, 08:54:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ocean

You are not her client (even if you paid the bill) and she really can not do much until the court date. She can contact other side to see if they will allow anything but with the RO in place, hard as your son can not be in same area as bio mom.
Maybe have son call with a few direct questions:
1. Should he switch to ask for joint custody as a judge will not take an infant from mom without major issues, especially out of state?
2. Ask her to send a letter to other lawyer asking for mediation and visitation through a third party so he does not go against the restraining order. They can legally say no to both , but you tried. You will pay for this, lawyer is going to charge for talking to you today, talking to son and sending off a letter. ...so as hard as it is, pick you battles.

Also, BACK off the lawyer...prep your son as best you can but you need to let HIM do this. Any communications need to be done by son (sorry if we did not make that clear....this is his battle and you/family can back him but you will hinder his case if you seem "pushy" and "demanding" things.

Family court is VERY slow....and this case has a LOT of issues......two states, infant, travel time, grandmother issues, he has not seen child, .....all things courts have seen but takes time to straighten out. Stay calm and keep active with other things until the court date. Nothing you can do today...tomorrow...sorry you are going through this...court is very hard on everyone.

Sadgram

Thanks! I feel like a fool but at least I'm not alone in this.

I've always had a strong bit of ESP - it's overwhelming at times - keeps telling me this will end badly if we don't act on it quickly. But my hands are tied.

We've always steered clear of any kind of government institution - even homeschooled our kids - so this whole thing goes against our basic values - and we're powerless to stop it. But that's the reality of modern society, I guess:(

I'm going to go drown my sorrows in some mindless TV entertainment and try hard not to freak out.

Sadgram

Is there some way to delete this thread? I'm afraid our lawyer (or my son's ex's lawyer) might find it. We have no more money for another lawyer if she drops us. Thanks.

Waylon

Quote from: Sadgram on Jul 11, 2014, 01:03:29 PMWow - this morning I sent a long email to my son's lawyer, a heart to heart thing as you all suggested. She blew me off like a feather! Said she's doing everything she possibly can and MY SON can call her Monday with any concerns HE has. My heart is really crushed. But I guess I should've known better.

Unless I missed something, you are not the lawyer's client- your son is. It's not really proper for her to discuss details of the case or plan strategy with a 3rd party.
The trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

Sadgram

I have acquired permission to discuss the case with my son's lawyer. I'm just afraid that some of these people will see what I've said here and use it against us. My son's ex has a new very young male lawyer who seems to be out to make a reputation for himself, at our expense.

Waylon

Quote from: Sadgram on Jul 30, 2014, 08:53:21 AMMy son's ex has a new very young male lawyer who seems to be out to make a reputation for himself, at our expense.

Dump him like a hand grenade and get an experienced family lawyer.
The trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

Sadgram

I said our son's EX has the new lawyer. Look, is Ocean on here at all? I need to know how to delete this thread.

ocean

I am not a moderator.... I can not delete threads.

Davy

Deleting this thread is the least of issues given that you are interfacing with the opposing attorney with the blessings of your son's attorney.

Waylon's advice would be a starting point.

Sadgram

There seems to be a failure of communication here. I AM NOT talking to the ex's lawyer. My son gave HIS lawyer permission to talk to me, because I've been doing all the PI work on the case. Geez.

I've sent messages to all 3 moderators to delete this thread. Don't know what else I can do.