Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 19, 2024, 06:13:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Ex Moving to Nebraska after request for action sent... Help?

Started by KittyChan, Jun 30, 2014, 03:03:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KittyChan

I found out Friday that DS7's father is moving to Nebraska, he hasn't told his case worker in MO about the move, this is coming after AR sent out a request for action to MO for contempt of court. The reason he's in contempt is because NCP (as I'll call him) and gf decided to have a baby, took the money needed to pay child support on three other children and used it to pay new baby hospital bills. Now don't go thinking I'm mad cus NPC had a new baby, I'm not; I think he should do what makes him happy but not forget his other kids.
But now he's moving to Nebraska and I am curious as to how I can get the ball rolling on child support again, do I notify my case worker that he is relocating and tell them the company he is working for? Or do I sit back and wait to see if he makes a payment? Oh and would his moving to Nebraska make the child support go through that states OCSE? And NCP is taking the child he has custody of with him, I hope for that sweet girls sake he told the mother cus I can't stand to see DS7's little sister given back to her mom.

Thanks in advance for the help.

ocean

Child support will stay in the original court that set the court order. If/When he moves, he is supposed to let child support know of the move. The court date you have will stay on, so make sure you go. When you are there, you can see if he updates the courts. If you know of a new job/address (did he go and start new job yet?) then you can always call and let CS know so they can send a garnishment letter to them for child support.

I have not dealt with multiple states but from what I read here, once he moves his state will collect the child support and send it to your state and they will direct deposit into your account. Others have move knowledge on this....

KittyChan

Well I called my case worker about it on the 30th. She sent out the right paperwork to Nebraska that way he can't say MO knew about the move and didn't do anything about child support. Best part, his employer is an AR based company so if the office in Nebraska doesn't get the paperwork, I can take copies of it to the main payroll office.