Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 09:47:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Son decides to live with non-custodial parent. Changes to CS??

Started by Great Dad, Jul 11, 2014, 04:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Great Dad

My son turns 18 yet may still be in high school for another 6 months, thus CS may continue until graduation. He is considering residing with me after he turns 18. If CS continues until he graduates, would my CS payments to my ex be discontinued?  Thank you.

ocean

Yes and she would pay you until graduation as long as you file quickly then he courts should back date it to when you filed.

MixedBag

Davy

OK.  Years ago and CS not an issue only because I did not make it so.... much bigger issues and CS a dead horse for fathers.

However, the non recepients "feet did the walking" .... dau (14), son (13) and son (10) and soon after I stopped the payments ( based on need).  It was known that the system would never order a mother to pay CS. 

Out of the clear blue this past week the youngest (now 40) let me know his feet are ruined because he had to wear his brother's old soccer shoes.

BEST to your son and you !!!

MixedBag

Davy -- love you dear, BUT some moms do pay CS.....k?  Not all...but I can name plenty.

Davy

MB ... luv ya too !!  I hope you're not implying that "the system" has always been unbiased.  My response emphatically said "years ago" when sole custody was awarded automatically along with an arbitrary CS amount (b4 CSE).

Just fyi.  My dau paid CS to her parentally terminated mother ... how shameful.   

MixedBag

Yep.....that would be shameful.....a terminated mother?  geez, sounds like it was really "shut up mom" money.