Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 09:28:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Week of my visitation refused, need help

Started by HopelessInVirginia, Aug 09, 2014, 07:59:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ocean

It looks like it may be the form below for VA? It is downloadable and fill in. You can also go to the family court intake and fill out the form there. What if you sent him a text stating "If you pick up the kids on Saturday, I will be missing x days of vacation time with them. When do you propose these days be made up? Let me know when they are free. We can add a few days at a time when they have school breaks/holidays."

Do the kids want to go on vacation? Middle school is a little tough but call the school and talk to them and see. Can you switch vacation or do something else the first week instead? Then maybe pick them up from school on the following Friday for the weekend?

It does open up the case but they will be addressing what is in the petition your filled out. This is pretty straight forward. "Children are now in middle school and the start of school interferes with Mother's vacation visitation. Mother requests the summer visit dates be changed to xx starting next summer and that for the summer 2015 the dates will be xx to make up the missed week from summer 2014"

It is called: (and the website is below it)  I am not in your state or a lawyer so please double check if this is the right form for your county.
Motion to Amend or Review Order  (http://www.courts.state.va.us/forms/district/dc630.pdf)
[Form DC-630] 
http://www.courts.state.va.us/forms/district/jdrcourt.html#juv

sesmama

I am confused. If the kids reside in Virginia and go to public school then school would generally start September 2. The 4th Saturday of August is August 23, a full week before school starts.

So, are the kids in private school or public school? Have you checked the school calendar for 2014-2015?

Gordonmrobinson

About just how to alter the summertime times, I'venot found something. I'll keep looking for out. If anybody has anymore details about this for Va please post. Somebody stated easily bring visitation in courtroom up again I really could risk dropping a few of the period I curently have simply because they might "re evaluate" the situation? Is that this accurate? That looks not extremely fair thinking about the valid reason I'm requesting this to become transformed.
child custody modification

tigger

You are commenting on OLD posts.  Pay attention to the date of the post.
The wonderful thing about tiggers is I'm the only one!

ocean

Waylon

Quote from: tigger on Nov 03, 2015, 10:11:22 AM
You are commenting on OLD posts.  Pay attention to the date of the post.

This person is very likely a foreign spammer (possibly from France), looking to make enough posts until he is able to create posts with links in them.
The trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

tigger

Quote from: ocean on Nov 04, 2015, 02:28:13 PM
he he he...  We are old Tig....LOL

Speak for yourself.  I'm still young!
The wonderful thing about tiggers is I'm the only one!

Waylon

The trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

KyleCClark

You can contact your lawyer and get his visitation canceled as he took the decision without informing you!

MixedBag

Quote from: KyleCClark on Dec 31, 2016, 02:43:08 AM
You can contact your lawyer and get his visitation canceled as he took the decision without informing you!

Welcome Kyle.....but pay attention to the dates.....this is a fairly old thread.