Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 25, 2024, 07:00:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Contempt Language

Started by R2D2, Sep 26, 2014, 05:29:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

R2D2

Hi All,

I have been divorced for 8 years and we are in the process of modifying placement. I am also trying to be smart about language in the agreement to avoid the games that have been played over the last eight years. I am working to get very specific language about exchanges, time, etc.

My question: Does anyone have an example of contempt language that I can add to make it easier in the future when my Ex starts blocking access again? Something to the effect "will be deemed contempt and all court costs to be covered by offending party" or something like that?

I have more questions, but will post them as separate topics.

Thanks.

Waylon

My parenting plan included language similar to what you wrote, something along the lines of "...if submitted motions are not accepted or approved by the court then all court costs including attorney's fees will be paid by the moving party".

The parenting plans from ParentingPlan.net (http://parentingplan.net) include language like that, you might take a look at them.
The trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

ocean

What "games" has she tried?
You can do exchanges from school so she can not be there, put specific days you get child so school knows, (every 1,3, and 5th friday from dismissal at school (child released to father from school) and child returned to school monday morning....  Things like that. Exchanges can happen in police parking lot where parking lot is usually taped and if she does not show, you can go get police report.

Waylon

Quote from: ocean on Sep 26, 2014, 05:27:45 PMExchanges can happen in police parking lot where parking lot is usually taped and if she does not show, you can go get police report.

I would suggest getting a small camera, i.e. GoPro, Muvi, or other video device to record ALL of your interactions with the other parent.
The trouble with reality is that there's no background music.