Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 03:38:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length

My son needs help! He is being abandoned by his own mother!

Started by gaeasl73, Oct 12, 2014, 12:49:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ocean

Who released child to you?
Did you call the courts? If you have child with you , even easier, file papers for temp custody as you now have child. If there are filing costs with your state ask if there are waivers as you can not afford fee but you have child.

MixedBag

Ahhhh......the money factor.

1.  See if the attorney will take a credit card.

2.  See if you can get a cash advance on your credit card.

3.  If you don't have one with room, apply for a new card and see if you can do it that way.

4.  See if the attorney will take payments.

5.  Actually -- this thought just came to mind.  if you have a card -- with the room -- or get a card -- apply for SquareUp.com and become a visa payment processor.  THEN charge the card to yourself and have the cash transferred into your bank account -- this is an expensive way to go but it will work.  AND it will take over a week to set up, but that's another way to take a cash advance equivalent against your card without paying the higher cash advance rate on the card.  (but you pay a Square processing fee (one time) etc....).

This is all not NORMAL advice for getting your hands on money that I would give to my child -- BUT when it comes to family court, the need to hire an attorney, and YOUR child -- I'd go outside the box of common financial sense and find the money.

gaeasl73

I don't do credit cards.... security issues.  That's the problem with having exes....  I have found an alternative and will try to put it into play by the next Monday.

MixedBag