Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 16, 2024, 03:47:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length

At last, a win for a father

Started by MacDad555, Oct 12, 2014, 09:23:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MacDad555

I AM FINALLY FREE.

After my ex-Mother-in-Law and guardian of my children lied to the court regarding the attendance of my eldest daughter in college in order to obtain almost 6 months of additional support before finally telling the truth. She now has gotten her comeuppance. When I went to the NYS Family Court I found out that the support was not "gifted" to my daughter, but was in an unknown credit on my account.

I went to have my youngest emancipated and Voila, the judge hands me what is the "secret SCU account balance" which shows the credit. She left the court with a scowl and I hope to never see it again. I am now waiting for the very verbose revised support order saying to pay off the "secret accrued" until youngest is emancipated.

I have absolutely no faith that the SCU will follow the order, and I will have to go down and go to the very top of the office bureaucracy to get someone to adjust the account ASAP or even at all as I only owe 4 weeks.

So this is a win for me and my wife, I just thought I would share.

MixedBag

good....I'm helping another in NY -- need to point them to read this to give them some hope too.