Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 04:18:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Question of neglect

Started by lookingforjustice49, May 21, 2013, 01:34:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lookingforjustice49

My sons mother has not worked for 7 years has no car and stays with her niece who lives on section 8. We don't have a court ordered support agreement but she is not providing the parenting to help my son. She has changed his school 4 times in 2 years and he is behind but still going to second grade. She refuses to let him stay with me as I am married now and have a functional home yet she is only holding on to him for the money I give her but not checking home work and not reinforcing what he needs to start life off right. She has no means of getting a home and has been at her niece home with her three kids , one that's autistic in a two bedroom apartment that has two adults and 4 soon to be 5 kids there. I've contacted my local social services department already and educated if the living situation and her neglect to provide a safe environment for my child. Is there anything else I need to do? If anyone has any advice it would appreciated. I'm saving up for a lawyer but I don't know what else to do. Thoughts?