Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 19, 2024, 08:21:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Harrassment?

Started by dipper, Nov 26, 2014, 06:44:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dipper

I was wondering if anyone could weigh in on what constitutes harrassment?   My son's ex will call him 10 to 15 times in one day.  Today, she had the child but called him at least 7 days while my husband was with him.  The second time she called, she was near his house saying she wanted to come in to get some items.   However, he was not home and she had said the last time she came that she got everything.  Once he told her he was not there, she was threatening to call the landlord or the police to let her in.   

Now, this made her third time coming without any notice.  She will call him as she pulls into the yard - and she lives an hour away.

Also, when he is working she will call him.  When he tells her he needs to work, she will threaten to call his boss.  If we do not immediately answer when she calls - she then calls him.  If he does not answer her when she calls - she calls us.  She demands instant gratification.  She will literally call 10 times in 10 minutes.

ocean

Stop answering....and ignore. So what if she calls the police? She no longer lives there. Let the phone go to voicemail each time. If she has child, no reason to keep calling you so IGNORE.

Yes, you can get a restraining order so she will not be allowed to call his work, you, him. Since their is a child involved, judge will usually give a way to communicate about child. Email we found works great. Call you local police and ask them if they would charge her with harassment or maybe even call her and tell her to stop or she will be charged. He could send her a text "Please do not call me at work or more than once a day unless it is an emergency with xx. If you keep calling non-stop, I will be forced to file a restraining order against you."

dipper

For the most part he does ignore though it took him awhile.  I have also told him that even if he is home and she shows up - do not let her in just because she is demanding it.  I think she is trying to 'catch' him at something to be popping up unexpectedly like she does. 

Thank you for the advice!