Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 29, 2024, 04:32:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Copy letter to court

Started by dipper, Dec 09, 2014, 05:52:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MixedBag

OK, I'll be honest with you, I just went to my calendar and started counting weeks.  ... k?

And my initial reaction was that 1-6 December was week one.

7-13 December is week two.

14-20 December is week three.

20-27 December is week four.

Because I went from a full line one and on down.

And I think that's where the confusion comes in -- or the fact that it could be seen two different ways.

the "fifth week" of a month or the fifth weekend of a month can throw your plan off kilter....

I have a work schedule -- where I do craft shows, and the promoters change weekends sometimes on the exhibitors based on the first "full weekend" of the month in August for example....so if a Thursday doesn't fall in August, then the show is the next weekend.  (but even that's not a guaranteed train of thought with this promoter).

Just trying to get you to see how it can be interpreted more than one way....particularly if a parent doesn't "want" to cooperate.

dipper

I fully agree that it can be interpreted differently.  The thinking when the agreement was drawn up was that exchanges run the weeks.   Exchanges take place on Saturday - November 29th ran into the first week of December, but was not the first exchange for December.   But, even if one is confused about that....it does not take away the fact that when she has the child for a week is very clear.  Not 4th week....4th Saturday,  4th Weekend to the next Saturday.

If we count the week of December 13th -20th as the third week, she still does not get the child the week of the 20th because the order states specifically that child is returned on the 4th Saturday of the month...and she has her from the 4th weekend of the month until the next Saturday.

To me, saying December 13th is the third week means we keep her until the 4th Saturday, so December 13th - 27th.   We are not pushing for that of course, because that is not what was meant.